The Jazz today recalled rookie big man Kosta Koufos from the NBA Developmental League's Utah Flash.
The move was made partly because starting center Mehmet Okur has a strained right hamstring, and his status for Sunday's Game 1 of the Jazz's opening round playoff series against the Los Angeles Lakers in L.A. is uncertain.
"I have no idea," Okur said when asked prior to today's practice if he would be ready to play Sunday.
Okur didn't play in the Jazz's regular-season ending loss to the Lakers on Tuesday. He also didn't practice Thursday and doesn't plan to practice in today's workout.
Koufos played in the Flash's playoff-opening win on Wednesday, scoring five points with five rebounds.
He would be available to be reassigned to the Flash's semifinal round matchup with Dakota on Monday in Orem.
Meanwhile, starting small forward C.J. Miles (dislocated left index finger) remains a game-time decision on Sunday.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27