The Jazz today recalled rookie big man Kosta Koufos from the NBA Developmental League's Utah Flash.
The move was made partly because starting center Mehmet Okur has a strained right hamstring, and his status for Sunday's Game 1 of the Jazz's opening round playoff series against the Los Angeles Lakers in L.A. is uncertain.
"I have no idea," Okur said when asked prior to today's practice if he would be ready to play Sunday.
Okur didn't play in the Jazz's regular-season ending loss to the Lakers on Tuesday. He also didn't practice Thursday and doesn't plan to practice in today's workout.
Koufos played in the Flash's playoff-opening win on Wednesday, scoring five points with five rebounds.
He would be available to be reassigned to the Flash's semifinal round matchup with Dakota on Monday in Orem.
Meanwhile, starting small forward C.J. Miles (dislocated left index finger) remains a game-time decision on Sunday.
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 40
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39