The Jazz today recalled rookie big man Kosta Koufos from the NBA Developmental League's Utah Flash.
The move was made partly because starting center Mehmet Okur has a strained right hamstring, and his status for Sunday's Game 1 of the Jazz's opening round playoff series against the Los Angeles Lakers in L.A. is uncertain.
"I have no idea," Okur said when asked prior to today's practice if he would be ready to play Sunday.
Okur didn't play in the Jazz's regular-season ending loss to the Lakers on Tuesday. He also didn't practice Thursday and doesn't plan to practice in today's workout.
Koufos played in the Flash's playoff-opening win on Wednesday, scoring five points with five rebounds.
He would be available to be reassigned to the Flash's semifinal round matchup with Dakota on Monday in Orem.
Meanwhile, starting small forward C.J. Miles (dislocated left index finger) remains a game-time decision on Sunday.
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU downs BYU...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants freshmen to...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- Rock On: Bronco misses the mark, Utes given...
- BYU basketball instant analysis: There are...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- 4A boys basketball for 2014-15 season
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 159
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 62
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 43
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 42
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 32
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 30