The Jazz today recalled rookie big man Kosta Koufos from the NBA Developmental League's Utah Flash.
The move was made partly because starting center Mehmet Okur has a strained right hamstring, and his status for Sunday's Game 1 of the Jazz's opening round playoff series against the Los Angeles Lakers in L.A. is uncertain.
"I have no idea," Okur said when asked prior to today's practice if he would be ready to play Sunday.
Okur didn't play in the Jazz's regular-season ending loss to the Lakers on Tuesday. He also didn't practice Thursday and doesn't plan to practice in today's workout.
Koufos played in the Flash's playoff-opening win on Wednesday, scoring five points with five rebounds.
He would be available to be reassigned to the Flash's semifinal round matchup with Dakota on Monday in Orem.
Meanwhile, starting small forward C.J. Miles (dislocated left index finger) remains a game-time decision on Sunday.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 52
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 26