At Lincoln, Neb.
(Top 3 teams in each session advance to Friday's Super Six national championships)
SESSION 1, Thursday noon MDT
Listed by seed
1. Georgia (22-1) — *NQS 394.965, high score 198.20.
Four-time defending NCAA champion whose long-time coach, Suzanne Yoculan, is retiring after this meet. Top all-arounder Courtney Kupets, ranked No. 1 all-around, 39.85 high.
4. LSU (21-5) — NQS 393.65, high score 197.40.
Fifth-ranked team won its second straight NCAA Central Regional championship April 4 despite 48.85 on beam in final event. Top all-arounder Susan Jackson, ranked No. 3, 39.70 high.
5. Florida (15-6) — NQS 393.490, high score 196.875.
A contender for several years, the Gators have contended with injuries this season. Top all-arounder Melanie Sinclair, 39.575 high.
8. Oklahoma (18-5) — NQS 393.065, high score 197.175. Making sixth straight NCAA appearance, second to Alabama in Northeast Regional. Top all-arounder Ashley Jackson, 39.375 high.
9. Stanford (21-5) — NQS 393.025, high score 197.175. Third behind Georgia and Utah at 2008 NCAAs. Top all-arounder Nicole Ourada, 39.625 high.
12. Penn State (22-6) — NQS 392.040, high score 196.65. Beat out nationals-host Nebraska for the second qualifying spot from the Southeast Regional behind Georgia. Top all-arounder Brandi Personett, 39.60 high.
SESSION 2, Thursday 6 p.m. MDT
2. Utah (17-1) — NQS 394.865, high score 197.80. Second to Georgia the last three years and determined to improve that. Top all-arounder, Kristina Baskett, ranked No. 2, 39.675.
3. Alabama (13-5) — NQS 393.925, high score 197.35. Coming on strong the second half of the season after being slowed by injuries and youth. Top all-arounder Morgan Dennis, 39.725 high.
6. Oregon State (20-9) — NQS 393.32, high score 197.50. Close on LSU's heels in Central Regional April 4. Top all-arounder Mandi Rodriguez, 39.60 high.
7. UCLA (21-4) — NQS 393.205, high score 197.125. Another usual contender saddled with injuries for yet another year but still dangerous. Top all-arounder Elyse Hopfner-Hibbs, 39.525 high.
10. Arkansas (16-9) — NQS 392.74, high score 196.90. Makes third nationals appearance in four years, 10th last year. Top all-arounder Casey Jo Magee, 39.525 high.
11. Illinois (26-9) — NQS 392.715, high score 196.75. First-time qualifier for NCAAs after placing a strong second to Utah at West Regional. Top all-arounder Kelsey Joannides, 39.375 high.
* National Qualifying Score, the Regional Qualifying Score and regional score added together. Used to seed teams for the championships.
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- Utes get it done at home again
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes still outstanding from...
- Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams had...
- Best of the West: Shifting teams around after...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 99
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 90
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 61
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 55
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 34
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28