The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's new album, "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing: American Folk Hymns and Spirituals," knocked out an all-star cast of classical music heavyweights by taking the top spot on Billboard Magazine's classic overall music chart this week. The No. 1 ranking displaces such music artists as Il Divo, Placido Domingo and Andrea Bocelli.
"Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" also earned the No. 1 spot on the classical crossover chart, No. 8 on the contemporary Christian chart, and cracked the Billboard Top 200 list coming in at No. 126.
"The Mormon Tabernacle Choir has proven once again why it is America's choir," said Bob Ahlander, managing director for the music division at Deseret Book, which handles the marketing and distribution of all choir products. "We want to congratulate the choir for putting out another great album for music fans everywhere."
"Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" showcases the choir's musical heritage with American folk music for which music director Mack Wilberg is known.
- Sadie Robertson lets her light shine during...
- American Fork High School Marching Band ready...
- Review: 'Smash Bros.' makes brutality adorable
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- What's new: 'Walk Beside Me' adds vibrancy to...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- Iggy Azalea, Taylor Swift set for 2014 AMAs
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming... 4
- Obama to award Presidential Medal of... 2
- A community of theater: Utah theater... 2
- 'Mockingjay, Part 1' opens with $123... 1
- The unstoppable powerhouse of Disney's... 1
- Sadie Robertson lets her light shine... 1
- American Fork High School Marching Band... 1