The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's new album, "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing: American Folk Hymns and Spirituals," knocked out an all-star cast of classical music heavyweights by taking the top spot on Billboard Magazine's classic overall music chart this week. The No. 1 ranking displaces such music artists as Il Divo, Placido Domingo and Andrea Bocelli.
"Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" also earned the No. 1 spot on the classical crossover chart, No. 8 on the contemporary Christian chart, and cracked the Billboard Top 200 list coming in at No. 126.
"The Mormon Tabernacle Choir has proven once again why it is America's choir," said Bob Ahlander, managing director for the music division at Deseret Book, which handles the marketing and distribution of all choir products. "We want to congratulate the choir for putting out another great album for music fans everywhere."
"Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" showcases the choir's musical heritage with American folk music for which music director Mack Wilberg is known.
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Disney's 'Brave' makeover sparks fury from...
- Doug's Take: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' is a...
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on...
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- Former lawyer says OJ Simpson knew about guns
- A look back at the Star Trek film franchise
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' is a really fun ride
- Disney's 'Brave' makeover sparks fury... 17
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 14
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Once in a while,... 5
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave'... 4
- Utahn in final three, but it's Cochran... 3
- A look back at the Star Trek film... 3
- Angelina Jolie's double mastectomy: Q&A 2
- Prince Harry to see NJ storm damage,... 1