The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's new album, "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing: American Folk Hymns and Spirituals," knocked out an all-star cast of classical music heavyweights by taking the top spot on Billboard Magazine's classic overall music chart this week. The No. 1 ranking displaces such music artists as Il Divo, Placido Domingo and Andrea Bocelli.
"Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" also earned the No. 1 spot on the classical crossover chart, No. 8 on the contemporary Christian chart, and cracked the Billboard Top 200 list coming in at No. 126.
"The Mormon Tabernacle Choir has proven once again why it is America's choir," said Bob Ahlander, managing director for the music division at Deseret Book, which handles the marketing and distribution of all choir products. "We want to congratulate the choir for putting out another great album for music fans everywhere."
"Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" showcases the choir's musical heritage with American folk music for which music director Mack Wilberg is known.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is an awesome mix...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Who are the Guardians of the Galaxy?
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: The biggest...
- 10 ways Disney can help those with autism
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 3 points for parents
- Drive-By Art aims to beautify Salt Lake...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 17
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days 6
- George W. Bush writes book about father 3
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2
- Farewell, Monty Python 2