The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's new album, "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing: American Folk Hymns and Spirituals," knocked out an all-star cast of classical music heavyweights by taking the top spot on Billboard Magazine's classic overall music chart this week. The No. 1 ranking displaces such music artists as Il Divo, Placido Domingo and Andrea Bocelli.
"Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" also earned the No. 1 spot on the classical crossover chart, No. 8 on the contemporary Christian chart, and cracked the Billboard Top 200 list coming in at No. 126.
"The Mormon Tabernacle Choir has proven once again why it is America's choir," said Bob Ahlander, managing director for the music division at Deseret Book, which handles the marketing and distribution of all choir products. "We want to congratulate the choir for putting out another great album for music fans everywhere."
"Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" showcases the choir's musical heritage with American folk music for which music director Mack Wilberg is known.
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a theological...
- Jenny Oaks Baker combines classical with rock...
- Religious-themed films find home in Hollywood
- 'Captain Underpants' tops list of last year's...
- FanX family guide: What to do at Comic Con
- Seasoned choreographer carries on mother's...
- Paul McCartney will play EnergySolutions...
- Former Soviet gold medal-winning gymnast...
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a... 8
- Sugar House fireworks show will go on... 6
- With $41.4 million, 'Captain America'... 3
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Daughters and... 3
- 'Biggest Loser' casting call to be in... 3
- Jerry Lewis: Women are funny, but not... 1
- 'Captain Underpants' tops list of last... 1
- Author Brad Wilcox writes about... 1