A summary of the talk given by Elder Allan F. Packer, Quorums of Seventy, during the Saturday morning session.
"Individuals and families across the world are challenged by current conditions. While I believe there are serious challenges ahead, I also know it is a wonderful time to be alive."
Prophecies relative to the return of the Savior are being fulfilled. "It is also the time to work out our own salvation.
"When the winds blow and the rains pour, they blow and pour on all. Those who have built their foundations on bedrock rather than sand survive the storms." Building on bedrock requires conversion to the gospel and knowing how to receive inspiration. The foundation is "understanding that God the Father is the father of our spirits and that he loves us; that Jesus Christ is our Redeemer and Savior and that the Holy Ghost can communicate with our minds and our hearts."
Desiring a conversion is the first step, followed by study, including pondering "to broaden and deepen our understanding."
Testimonies seldom come as dramatic manifestations but as quiet, reassuring feelings.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 9