A summary of the talk given by Elder Allan F. Packer, Quorums of Seventy, during the Saturday morning session.
"Individuals and families across the world are challenged by current conditions. While I believe there are serious challenges ahead, I also know it is a wonderful time to be alive."
Prophecies relative to the return of the Savior are being fulfilled. "It is also the time to work out our own salvation.
"When the winds blow and the rains pour, they blow and pour on all. Those who have built their foundations on bedrock rather than sand survive the storms." Building on bedrock requires conversion to the gospel and knowing how to receive inspiration. The foundation is "understanding that God the Father is the father of our spirits and that he loves us; that Jesus Christ is our Redeemer and Savior and that the Holy Ghost can communicate with our minds and our hearts."
Desiring a conversion is the first step, followed by study, including pondering "to broaden and deepen our understanding."
Testimonies seldom come as dramatic manifestations but as quiet, reassuring feelings.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 75
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 28
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25