A summary of the talk given by Elder Allan F. Packer, Quorums of Seventy, during the Saturday morning session.
"Individuals and families across the world are challenged by current conditions. While I believe there are serious challenges ahead, I also know it is a wonderful time to be alive."
Prophecies relative to the return of the Savior are being fulfilled. "It is also the time to work out our own salvation.
"When the winds blow and the rains pour, they blow and pour on all. Those who have built their foundations on bedrock rather than sand survive the storms." Building on bedrock requires conversion to the gospel and knowing how to receive inspiration. The foundation is "understanding that God the Father is the father of our spirits and that he loves us; that Jesus Christ is our Redeemer and Savior and that the Holy Ghost can communicate with our minds and our hearts."
Desiring a conversion is the first step, followed by study, including pondering "to broaden and deepen our understanding."
Testimonies seldom come as dramatic manifestations but as quiet, reassuring feelings.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15