A summary of the talk given by Elder Allan F. Packer, Quorums of Seventy, during the Saturday morning session.
"Individuals and families across the world are challenged by current conditions. While I believe there are serious challenges ahead, I also know it is a wonderful time to be alive."
Prophecies relative to the return of the Savior are being fulfilled. "It is also the time to work out our own salvation.
"When the winds blow and the rains pour, they blow and pour on all. Those who have built their foundations on bedrock rather than sand survive the storms." Building on bedrock requires conversion to the gospel and knowing how to receive inspiration. The foundation is "understanding that God the Father is the father of our spirits and that he loves us; that Jesus Christ is our Redeemer and Savior and that the Holy Ghost can communicate with our minds and our hearts."
Desiring a conversion is the first step, followed by study, including pondering "to broaden and deepen our understanding."
Testimonies seldom come as dramatic manifestations but as quiet, reassuring feelings.
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Orem construction fire believed to be arson,...
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15