A summary of the talk given by Elder Allan F. Packer, Quorums of Seventy, during the Saturday morning session.
"Individuals and families across the world are challenged by current conditions. While I believe there are serious challenges ahead, I also know it is a wonderful time to be alive."
Prophecies relative to the return of the Savior are being fulfilled. "It is also the time to work out our own salvation.
"When the winds blow and the rains pour, they blow and pour on all. Those who have built their foundations on bedrock rather than sand survive the storms." Building on bedrock requires conversion to the gospel and knowing how to receive inspiration. The foundation is "understanding that God the Father is the father of our spirits and that he loves us; that Jesus Christ is our Redeemer and Savior and that the Holy Ghost can communicate with our minds and our hearts."
Desiring a conversion is the first step, followed by study, including pondering "to broaden and deepen our understanding."
Testimonies seldom come as dramatic manifestations but as quiet, reassuring feelings.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8