A summary of the talk given by Brother Michael A. Neider, Second Counselor, Young Men, during the Saturday morning session.
Aaronic Priesthood quorums can be strengthened by study of the scriptures given to outline their responsibilities.
"We should be earnest students of revealed priesthood and quorum principles. Our goal is to correctly use inspired direction from God and his prophets, maximize the virtues and blessings of the quorum and strengthen young men and their families. The work of the quorum is to increase faith in Christ, prepare and save young men and eliminate mistakes and sloth in implementing God's will."
A priesthood quorum is a class in which a young man can be taught the gospel, a brotherhood in which he can be strengthened, built and lifted in friendship with others, and a service unit to give service to quorum members and others. The duty of quorum leaders is to preside, sit in counsel and teach others in the quorum and edify each other.
Advisers to Young Men groups throughout the world have learned that, with help, more can be accomplished and expected from the Aaronic Priesthood quorums.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9