A summary of the talk given by Brother Michael A. Neider, Second Counselor, Young Men, during the Saturday morning session.
Aaronic Priesthood quorums can be strengthened by study of the scriptures given to outline their responsibilities.
"We should be earnest students of revealed priesthood and quorum principles. Our goal is to correctly use inspired direction from God and his prophets, maximize the virtues and blessings of the quorum and strengthen young men and their families. The work of the quorum is to increase faith in Christ, prepare and save young men and eliminate mistakes and sloth in implementing God's will."
A priesthood quorum is a class in which a young man can be taught the gospel, a brotherhood in which he can be strengthened, built and lifted in friendship with others, and a service unit to give service to quorum members and others. The duty of quorum leaders is to preside, sit in counsel and teach others in the quorum and edify each other.
Advisers to Young Men groups throughout the world have learned that, with help, more can be accomplished and expected from the Aaronic Priesthood quorums.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15