A summary of the talk given by Elder Robert D. Hales, Quorum of the Twelve, during the Saturday morning session.
"For both debt and addiction, the hopeful solution is the same. We must turn to the Lord and follow his commandments. We must want more than anything else to change our lives so that we can break the cycle of debt and other uncontrolled wants.
"Our challenges, including those we create by our own decisions, are part of our test in mortality. Let me assure you that your situation is not beyond the reach of our Savior. Each temptation we overcome strengthens us, not destroys us. The Lord will never allow us to suffer beyond what we can endure.
"Our success is never measured by how strongly we are tempted, but by how faithfully we respond. We must ask for help from our Heavenly Father and seek strength through the atonement of his Son, Jesus Christ. In both temporal and spiritual things, obtaining this divine assistance enables us to become provident providers for ourselves and for others.
"Learn to say, 'We can't afford it, even though we want it.' Or, 'We can afford it, but we don't need it.' "
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 84
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 31
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7