A summary of the talk given by President Thomas S. Monson, President of the Church, during the Saturday morning session.
"I am pleased to report that the church is doing very well. The work of the Lord continues to move forward uninterrupted."
Evidence of growth includes recent rededication of the Mexico City Temple and dedication of the Draper Utah Temple. Hundreds of thousands were uplifted as preparatory events, and the actual dedication ceremonies went forward.
"There is something about a temple dedication which prompts a re-evaluation of one's own performance and a sincere desire to do even better."
The church takes seriously its mandate to spread the gospel throughout the world. Some 53,000 missionaries are serving in 348 missions around the globe. Countless more volunteers and missionaries engaged in non-proselyting activities are donating time and talents to the work of the Lord and blessing God's children. The Perpetual Education Fund has underwritten the additional training of some 35,600 young men and women in countries where the needs are most great.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17