A summary of the talk given by President Thomas S. Monson, President of the Church, during the Saturday morning session.
"I am pleased to report that the church is doing very well. The work of the Lord continues to move forward uninterrupted."
Evidence of growth includes recent rededication of the Mexico City Temple and dedication of the Draper Utah Temple. Hundreds of thousands were uplifted as preparatory events, and the actual dedication ceremonies went forward.
"There is something about a temple dedication which prompts a re-evaluation of one's own performance and a sincere desire to do even better."
The church takes seriously its mandate to spread the gospel throughout the world. Some 53,000 missionaries are serving in 348 missions around the globe. Countless more volunteers and missionaries engaged in non-proselyting activities are donating time and talents to the work of the Lord and blessing God's children. The Perpetual Education Fund has underwritten the additional training of some 35,600 young men and women in countries where the needs are most great.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8