A summary of the talk given by President Thomas S. Monson, President of the Church, during the Saturday morning session.
"I am pleased to report that the church is doing very well. The work of the Lord continues to move forward uninterrupted."
Evidence of growth includes recent rededication of the Mexico City Temple and dedication of the Draper Utah Temple. Hundreds of thousands were uplifted as preparatory events, and the actual dedication ceremonies went forward.
"There is something about a temple dedication which prompts a re-evaluation of one's own performance and a sincere desire to do even better."
The church takes seriously its mandate to spread the gospel throughout the world. Some 53,000 missionaries are serving in 348 missions around the globe. Countless more volunteers and missionaries engaged in non-proselyting activities are donating time and talents to the work of the Lord and blessing God's children. The Perpetual Education Fund has underwritten the additional training of some 35,600 young men and women in countries where the needs are most great.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11