A summary of the talk given by President Thomas S. Monson, President of the Church, during the Saturday morning session.
"I am pleased to report that the church is doing very well. The work of the Lord continues to move forward uninterrupted."
Evidence of growth includes recent rededication of the Mexico City Temple and dedication of the Draper Utah Temple. Hundreds of thousands were uplifted as preparatory events, and the actual dedication ceremonies went forward.
"There is something about a temple dedication which prompts a re-evaluation of one's own performance and a sincere desire to do even better."
The church takes seriously its mandate to spread the gospel throughout the world. Some 53,000 missionaries are serving in 348 missions around the globe. Countless more volunteers and missionaries engaged in non-proselyting activities are donating time and talents to the work of the Lord and blessing God's children. The Perpetual Education Fund has underwritten the additional training of some 35,600 young men and women in countries where the needs are most great.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21