There are about 40 million people over age 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance with these stipulations:
They leave their jobs, which means 40 million job openings. Unemployment fixed.
They buy new American cars; 40 million cars ordered. Auto industry fixed.
They either buy a house or pay off their mortgage. Housing crisis fixed.
Some people make things so complicated when they don't have to be.
This is a lot less than the billions given to banks and insurance companies.
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum wage
- Jay Evensen: Here's why we should fear...
- Letter: Greater security
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil drilling
- Jason Farrell: Why libertarians are failing...
- Letter: Kill off expansion
- Dan Liljenquist: Let the people decide on...