There are about 40 million people over age 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance with these stipulations:
They leave their jobs, which means 40 million job openings. Unemployment fixed.
They buy new American cars; 40 million cars ordered. Auto industry fixed.
They either buy a house or pay off their mortgage. Housing crisis fixed.
Some people make things so complicated when they don't have to be.
This is a lot less than the billions given to banks and insurance companies.
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 42
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15