There are about 40 million people over age 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance with these stipulations:
They leave their jobs, which means 40 million job openings. Unemployment fixed.
They buy new American cars; 40 million cars ordered. Auto industry fixed.
They either buy a house or pay off their mortgage. Housing crisis fixed.
Some people make things so complicated when they don't have to be.
This is a lot less than the billions given to banks and insurance companies.
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Letter: Protected lands
- My view: Holistic approach to wild horses...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 60
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 44
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 43
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 39
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 35
- Letter: Protected lands 34