LOGAN — Utah State University students have voted in favor of a $65-per-semester increase in fees that go to the school's athletic department.
The proposal passed with 53 percent approval — 2,415 students in favor and 2,159 against — following an online vote on Monday and Tuesday.
Only students at Utah State's Logan campus were allowed to vote.
Tiffany Evans, director of the Student Involvement and Leadership Center, says while it was tough to ask students to pay more in fees, they understood the importance of the initiative.
She says the fee increase will build a strong foundation for athletics in the future.
Utah State's Board of Trustees supported the proposal in a March 6 vote. The proposal now goes to Utah State President Stan Albrecht and the state Board of Regents.
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 32
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 11
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 9