LOGAN — Utah State University students have voted in favor of a $65-per-semester increase in fees that go to the school's athletic department.
The proposal passed with 53 percent approval — 2,415 students in favor and 2,159 against — following an online vote on Monday and Tuesday.
Only students at Utah State's Logan campus were allowed to vote.
Tiffany Evans, director of the Student Involvement and Leadership Center, says while it was tough to ask students to pay more in fees, they understood the importance of the initiative.
She says the fee increase will build a strong foundation for athletics in the future.
Utah State's Board of Trustees supported the proposal in a March 6 vote. The proposal now goes to Utah State President Stan Albrecht and the state Board of Regents.
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Audit: Drinking water connection requirements...
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 32
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 24
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15