LOGAN — Utah State University students have voted in favor of a $65-per-semester increase in fees that go to the school's athletic department.
The proposal passed with 53 percent approval — 2,415 students in favor and 2,159 against — following an online vote on Monday and Tuesday.
Only students at Utah State's Logan campus were allowed to vote.
Tiffany Evans, director of the Student Involvement and Leadership Center, says while it was tough to ask students to pay more in fees, they understood the importance of the initiative.
She says the fee increase will build a strong foundation for athletics in the future.
Utah State's Board of Trustees supported the proposal in a March 6 vote. The proposal now goes to Utah State President Stan Albrecht and the state Board of Regents.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Study: Fathers as likely as mothers to kill...
- Dinosaur discoveries in Utah's 'amazing...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 98
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 12