Provided by Real Salt Lake
Real Salt Lake and JetBlue will announce a partnership today making Jet Blue the exclusive and official airline partner of Utah's Major League Soccer franchise and Rio Tinto Stadium effective immediately.
The New York-based Jet Blue sent an e-mail to its Utah-based employees on Wednesday announcing the multi-year sponsorship, with an RSL official close to the negotiations confirming the deal.
The email sent to its "Utah Crewmembers" trumpeted the move saying, "While Salt Lake may not be our largest base of flight operations, it is home to about 2,000 Crewmembers, more than any BlueCity except New York. We are deeply committed to the Salt Lake market and to providing opportunities for local Crewmembers to take part in fun JetBlue-related activities outside of work."
JetBlue has served Salt Lake City International Airport since 2000, and is also a sponsor of the Boston Red Sox and the L.A. Dodgers.
The deal, which runs through the 2011 season, includes print and online visibility, e-mail marketing, in-stadium and marquee features, television and radio advertisements and in-game promotions.
Real Salt Lake opens the season on March 28 at the expansion Seattle Sounders.
Real Salt Lake 2009 Partners
Stadium Naming Partner – Rio Tinto
Jersey Sponsorship – Xango
Founding Partners – America First Credit Union, Anheuser-Busch, Kentucky Fried Chicken
Mountain America Credit Union, Salt Lake Regional
Royal Partners – Burger King, Jet Blue, Hoopes Vision, Les Olson, SCA Paper, Sony, Workers Compensation Fund, Zion's Bank
Corporate Partners – Allied Sign, Colonial Flag, Cricket Wireless, Fiji Water, Pepsi, Rocky Mountain Voice, Siegfried & Jensen, Waste Management, Xinsurance
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- 40-foot jumper by Lexi Rydalch secures BYU's...
- Dick Harmon: The night the rim got wide as a...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- Morning links: Hayward becomes 'gaming...
- High school wrestling: Pleasant Grove dynasty...
- 3 Utah football coaches promoted in staff...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 71
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 60
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 50
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39