MIAMI — Having experienced it firsthand so many times previously, the Jazz knew beforehand just how much Dwyane Wade can hurt them.
Yet that didn't stop the Miami Heat star, whose club has now won six straight over Utah in Miami, from adding to their pain in a 140-129 triple-overtime victory Saturday.
Wade finished with a game-high 50 points in 52 minutes, tying his season-high with 19-of-39 shooting from the field, including 4-for-11 from 3-point range, and 8-of-9 from the free-throw line.
His 39 attempts were a career-high, a franchise-record high and the most shots attempted in an NBA game this season.
His 19 field goals made also were a career-high and included a third-quarter dunk that moved him past Alonzo Mourning and into first place on the Heat's all-time scoring list.
Wade now has 9,489 points with the franchise, including the 50 that are a Jazz opponent high for the season.
"Wade had a great game," Jazz center Mehmet Okur said. "He's one of those guys — once he gets hot, it's really hard to stop him. And he had one of those nights tonight."
"He's in every play," Utah shooting guard Kyle Korver added. "Pick-and-rolls, he's shooting 3s now, which he used to not do. ... He played a great game, put up 39 shots. It takes a whole team to try to stop that. I thought we did an all-right job at times, and then he hit big shots when he needed to."
Wade — defended much of the day by the Jazz's Ronnie Brewer and Andrei Kirilenko — scored 14 of his 50 after regulation, including six straight for Miami at the end of the second overtime and four of the Heat's 15 in the third OT.
Brewer suggested he did all he could to keep up with Wade.
"If he was going to the basket or shooting jump shots, I just wanted to contest it and make it a tough shot," he said. "I mean, he was coming off double screens and getting a good look — but I just tried to recover and make him take tough shots."
Yet he still wound up with 50, and that didn't shock Brewer.
"That's what great players do," he said.
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating from...
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with one-year...
- Is Tyrone Corbin gone? Utah Jazz, coach's...
- Jazz might be saying goodbye to their four...
- Bubba Watson, two-time Masters Golf...
- Roster rundown: See the contract status and...
- Dream season ends in heartbreak for Utah...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 91
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces... 59
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 55
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 54
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 53
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24