Bear Lake — Whitefish fishing has improved, while cutthroat and lake trout fishing has tapered off. Anglers caught good numbers of whitefish off the Rockpile. Other anglers did very well fishing the weed beds south of Gus Rich Point and off the pump house. Some cutthroat trout were also taken, but the fishing will not improve for another week or so because most cutthroat are stuffed with cisco right now.
East Canyon — Using green PowerBait, shrimp, mealworms, wax worms and night crawlers. The ice is between 12 and 18 inches thick. Anglers are still catching small- to medium-sized fish.
Hyrum — Anglers are catching some yellow perch and a few rainbow trout on the southwest corner of the lake.
Logan River — Anglers were using a pheasant tail with a small sinker on the bottom. All fish around 10 inches.
Lost Creek — Try a Kastmaster or Swedish pimple as an attractor and a Ratfinky with a wax worm as bait. Fish are hitting very lightly, so diligence is the key. Most hits were approximately five feet from the bottom in 40 feet of water.
Mantua — Good success for blue gill, perch, large mouth bass and rainbow trout. Try wax worms, Ratfinky, mealworms and ice flies.
Ogden River — Slow.
Pineview — Slush is beginning to form underneath the new snow. Anglers report extremely slow fishing and very limited success. Most anglers used a combination of lures and bait, including assorted jig colors and ice flies tipped with a mealworm, wax worm, perch meat or perch eyeball.
Rockport — Fair fishing for rainbows in the shallow water at the south end. The perch fishing continues to be slow.
Weber River — Success along the Weber River is increasing, and fishing pressure is also increasing.
Deer Creek — Catching a few rainbows with bait-tipped jigs and with worms.
Jordanelle — Using small, bait-tipped jigs. Catching mostly rainbow trout and an occasional brown trout or perch.
Provo — Using small, dark nymphs. Lures are producing some nice browns as well, especially in the deeper pools. Pressure heavy when weather is good.
Strawberry — Most anglers have had fair success. Some have reported good success with bait-tipped jigs. If success is slow, drill a different hole in a different location.
Currant Creek — Fishing has been spotty. Need to travel through mud, snow and ice to access the dam.
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 224
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 75
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 53
- ACC media days has some interesting... 42
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 42
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 33
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 29
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 24