PAGE, Ariz. — Two men whom police said escaped from a drug treatment facility in Cedar City have been arrested here.
The Iron County Sheriff's Office said Sammy Swickey and Dustin Overson, both 19, were captured Monday at a motel, where they were found sleeping in a stairwell in the company of a 17-year-old girl.
"Both subjects had Iron County drug court cards on their possession, and the Page officer that stopped them thought that was suspicious, so he called Cedar City dispatch, who informed him that they had walked away from the treatment facility," Iron County Sheriff's deputy Chuck Triplett said Monday.
The girl's parents were to pick her up on Monday.
Both men are being held in Arizona on suspicion of providing false information. Charges are pending in Utah, Triplett said.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8