PAGE, Ariz. — Two men whom police said escaped from a drug treatment facility in Cedar City have been arrested here.
The Iron County Sheriff's Office said Sammy Swickey and Dustin Overson, both 19, were captured Monday at a motel, where they were found sleeping in a stairwell in the company of a 17-year-old girl.
"Both subjects had Iron County drug court cards on their possession, and the Page officer that stopped them thought that was suspicious, so he called Cedar City dispatch, who informed him that they had walked away from the treatment facility," Iron County Sheriff's deputy Chuck Triplett said Monday.
The girl's parents were to pick her up on Monday.
Both men are being held in Arizona on suspicion of providing false information. Charges are pending in Utah, Triplett said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14