PAGE, Ariz. — Two men whom police said escaped from a drug treatment facility in Cedar City have been arrested here.
The Iron County Sheriff's Office said Sammy Swickey and Dustin Overson, both 19, were captured Monday at a motel, where they were found sleeping in a stairwell in the company of a 17-year-old girl.
"Both subjects had Iron County drug court cards on their possession, and the Page officer that stopped them thought that was suspicious, so he called Cedar City dispatch, who informed him that they had walked away from the treatment facility," Iron County Sheriff's deputy Chuck Triplett said Monday.
The girl's parents were to pick her up on Monday.
Both men are being held in Arizona on suspicion of providing false information. Charges are pending in Utah, Triplett said.
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House...
- February deemed a snowpack savior for...
- FBI investigating shooting of Fort Duchesne man
- Artifact vandalism near Moab a growing problem
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 49
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 31
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23
- Birth father rights the focus of two... 22
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 21