PAGE, Ariz. — Two men whom police said escaped from a drug treatment facility in Cedar City have been arrested here.
The Iron County Sheriff's Office said Sammy Swickey and Dustin Overson, both 19, were captured Monday at a motel, where they were found sleeping in a stairwell in the company of a 17-year-old girl.
"Both subjects had Iron County drug court cards on their possession, and the Page officer that stopped them thought that was suspicious, so he called Cedar City dispatch, who informed him that they had walked away from the treatment facility," Iron County Sheriff's deputy Chuck Triplett said Monday.
The girl's parents were to pick her up on Monday.
Both men are being held in Arizona on suspicion of providing false information. Charges are pending in Utah, Triplett said.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Utahns stay out late to see lunar eclipse
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 54
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Lawmakers to BLM: Sending seized Nevada... 22