Utah Highway Patrol
A California man has been arrested in connection with a drug bust on I-80 near Salt Lake City.
The Utah Highway Patrol said a trooper stopped an eastbound vehicle Monday night for improper signal. The trooper found inconsistencies in the man's story, the UHP said, and deployed a police dog to investigate. The dog indicated the presence of drugs and a search revealed 17 pounds of marijuana, six ounces of hash and $1,000 cash, troopers said.
The man, 34, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of drug offenses.
— Ben Winslow
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13