Utah Highway Patrol
A California man has been arrested in connection with a drug bust on I-80 near Salt Lake City.
The Utah Highway Patrol said a trooper stopped an eastbound vehicle Monday night for improper signal. The trooper found inconsistencies in the man's story, the UHP said, and deployed a police dog to investigate. The dog indicated the presence of drugs and a search revealed 17 pounds of marijuana, six ounces of hash and $1,000 cash, troopers said.
The man, 34, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of drug offenses.
— Ben Winslow
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17