Utah Highway Patrol
A California man has been arrested in connection with a drug bust on I-80 near Salt Lake City.
The Utah Highway Patrol said a trooper stopped an eastbound vehicle Monday night for improper signal. The trooper found inconsistencies in the man's story, the UHP said, and deployed a police dog to investigate. The dog indicated the presence of drugs and a search revealed 17 pounds of marijuana, six ounces of hash and $1,000 cash, troopers said.
The man, 34, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of drug offenses.
— Ben Winslow
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 52
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 35
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 11