Utah Highway Patrol
A California man has been arrested in connection with a drug bust on I-80 near Salt Lake City.
The Utah Highway Patrol said a trooper stopped an eastbound vehicle Monday night for improper signal. The trooper found inconsistencies in the man's story, the UHP said, and deployed a police dog to investigate. The dog indicated the presence of drugs and a search revealed 17 pounds of marijuana, six ounces of hash and $1,000 cash, troopers said.
The man, 34, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of drug offenses.
— Ben Winslow
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11