A juvenile upset with a man for not letting his daughter go out with him and his friends was arrested after throwing a full beer can and a "log" at the father, according to police.
About 3 a.m. Sunday, the juvenile, the girl and some other friends arrived at a house near 1800 South and 900 East, said Salt Lake police detective Dennis McGowan. The girl's father confronted the group and told them his daughter would not be going out anymore, McGowan said.
One of the juveniles apparently didn't take the news so well and threw a beer and a log at the father, McGowan said. He did not have details Monday on the size of the log.
The juvenile and a friend ran from the house and into the back yards of surrounding homes. Police K9 "Junior" and his trainer were called and located the juveniles, who were apprehended without further incident. It was the first capture for 5-month-old "Junior." The juvenile was booked into juvenile detention for investigation of assault, fleeing and a minor in possession of alcohol.
— Pat Reavy
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 98
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 14
- Southern Utah left wanting for water 11