A juvenile upset with a man for not letting his daughter go out with him and his friends was arrested after throwing a full beer can and a "log" at the father, according to police.
About 3 a.m. Sunday, the juvenile, the girl and some other friends arrived at a house near 1800 South and 900 East, said Salt Lake police detective Dennis McGowan. The girl's father confronted the group and told them his daughter would not be going out anymore, McGowan said.
One of the juveniles apparently didn't take the news so well and threw a beer and a log at the father, McGowan said. He did not have details Monday on the size of the log.
The juvenile and a friend ran from the house and into the back yards of surrounding homes. Police K9 "Junior" and his trainer were called and located the juveniles, who were apprehended without further incident. It was the first capture for 5-month-old "Junior." The juvenile was booked into juvenile detention for investigation of assault, fleeing and a minor in possession of alcohol.
— Pat Reavy
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah officials find no pesticide violation...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9