A juvenile upset with a man for not letting his daughter go out with him and his friends was arrested after throwing a full beer can and a "log" at the father, according to police.
About 3 a.m. Sunday, the juvenile, the girl and some other friends arrived at a house near 1800 South and 900 East, said Salt Lake police detective Dennis McGowan. The girl's father confronted the group and told them his daughter would not be going out anymore, McGowan said.
One of the juveniles apparently didn't take the news so well and threw a beer and a log at the father, McGowan said. He did not have details Monday on the size of the log.
The juvenile and a friend ran from the house and into the back yards of surrounding homes. Police K9 "Junior" and his trainer were called and located the juveniles, who were apprehended without further incident. It was the first capture for 5-month-old "Junior." The juvenile was booked into juvenile detention for investigation of assault, fleeing and a minor in possession of alcohol.
— Pat Reavy
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16