A juvenile upset with a man for not letting his daughter go out with him and his friends was arrested after throwing a full beer can and a "log" at the father, according to police.
About 3 a.m. Sunday, the juvenile, the girl and some other friends arrived at a house near 1800 South and 900 East, said Salt Lake police detective Dennis McGowan. The girl's father confronted the group and told them his daughter would not be going out anymore, McGowan said.
One of the juveniles apparently didn't take the news so well and threw a beer and a log at the father, McGowan said. He did not have details Monday on the size of the log.
The juvenile and a friend ran from the house and into the back yards of surrounding homes. Police K9 "Junior" and his trainer were called and located the juveniles, who were apprehended without further incident. It was the first capture for 5-month-old "Junior." The juvenile was booked into juvenile detention for investigation of assault, fleeing and a minor in possession of alcohol.
— Pat Reavy
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- Five sites now under consideration for new...
- Becky Lockhart remembered on Rare Disease Day...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks out on...
- Lehi supplement firm launches research lab
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 263
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy... 23
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 19
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 16