A juvenile upset with a man for not letting his daughter go out with him and his friends was arrested after throwing a full beer can and a "log" at the father, according to police.
About 3 a.m. Sunday, the juvenile, the girl and some other friends arrived at a house near 1800 South and 900 East, said Salt Lake police detective Dennis McGowan. The girl's father confronted the group and told them his daughter would not be going out anymore, McGowan said.
One of the juveniles apparently didn't take the news so well and threw a beer and a log at the father, McGowan said. He did not have details Monday on the size of the log.
The juvenile and a friend ran from the house and into the back yards of surrounding homes. Police K9 "Junior" and his trainer were called and located the juveniles, who were apprehended without further incident. It was the first capture for 5-month-old "Junior." The juvenile was booked into juvenile detention for investigation of assault, fleeing and a minor in possession of alcohol.
— Pat Reavy
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- Report: Millennials in Utah mirror dropping...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah's air pollution problem: What does... 17