Canyons School District is honoring six finalists in the district's logo contest.
Finalists' work will be forwarded to a design firm to inspire the official logo, to be unveiled next month and posted at www.canyonsdistrict.org.
The finalists received $100 scholarship accounts or Visa gift cards from Jordan Credit Union and gifts donated by community and business partners. The logo invitation netted 432 entries from students and adults.
Winners are Kim Tsan, a senior at Hillcrest High School and the Jordan Tech Center in Sandy; Adelina Parker, a seventh-grader at Butler Middle School; Kodi Breitenstein, a ninth-grader at Albion Middle School; Monta Thomas, a social studies teacher at Indian Hills Middle School; Tiffany B. Olsen, a No Child Left Behind secretary in the Jordan School District's Curriculum Department; and Doyoun Park, a sixth-grader at Quail Hollow Elementary. Park also received the "Superintendents Choice Award" for the outstanding vision depicted in her work. Her total award was $300.
— Amy K. Stewart
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 23