Canyons School District is honoring six finalists in the district's logo contest.
Finalists' work will be forwarded to a design firm to inspire the official logo, to be unveiled next month and posted at www.canyonsdistrict.org.
The finalists received $100 scholarship accounts or Visa gift cards from Jordan Credit Union and gifts donated by community and business partners. The logo invitation netted 432 entries from students and adults.
Winners are Kim Tsan, a senior at Hillcrest High School and the Jordan Tech Center in Sandy; Adelina Parker, a seventh-grader at Butler Middle School; Kodi Breitenstein, a ninth-grader at Albion Middle School; Monta Thomas, a social studies teacher at Indian Hills Middle School; Tiffany B. Olsen, a No Child Left Behind secretary in the Jordan School District's Curriculum Department; and Doyoun Park, a sixth-grader at Quail Hollow Elementary. Park also received the "Superintendents Choice Award" for the outstanding vision depicted in her work. Her total award was $300.
— Amy K. Stewart
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 50
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 17
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15