Hogle Zoo set an all-time attendance record for the 2008 season, with 995,688 people visiting.
That number beats last year's attendance of 954,551 and is the largest in the zoo's 78-year history.
"The recent improvements we have made in the zoo, such as Asian Highlands and ZooLights!, have been embraced by the community," Hogle Zoo Executive Director Craig Dinsmore said. "I think this will be even more evident as families look for affordable recreation and activities in this challenging economy."
Dinsmore is also encouraged by the high approval the "Renew the Zoo" proposition received in the November election.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14