Hogle Zoo set an all-time attendance record for the 2008 season, with 995,688 people visiting.
That number beats last year's attendance of 954,551 and is the largest in the zoo's 78-year history.
"The recent improvements we have made in the zoo, such as Asian Highlands and ZooLights!, have been embraced by the community," Hogle Zoo Executive Director Craig Dinsmore said. "I think this will be even more evident as families look for affordable recreation and activities in this challenging economy."
Dinsmore is also encouraged by the high approval the "Renew the Zoo" proposition received in the November election.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8