Hogle Zoo set an all-time attendance record for the 2008 season, with 995,688 people visiting.
That number beats last year's attendance of 954,551 and is the largest in the zoo's 78-year history.
"The recent improvements we have made in the zoo, such as Asian Highlands and ZooLights!, have been embraced by the community," Hogle Zoo Executive Director Craig Dinsmore said. "I think this will be even more evident as families look for affordable recreation and activities in this challenging economy."
Dinsmore is also encouraged by the high approval the "Renew the Zoo" proposition received in the November election.
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 80
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12