WEST VALLEY CITY Utah Grizzlies acquired six-foot-five forward Mike Sgroi from the Johnstown Chiefs in exchange for future considerations.
Sgroi played with Utah during the 2002-2003 and 2003-2004 seasons when the team was in the AHL.
This year, the veteran had three assists and 22 penalty minutes in 12 games with Johnstown while also logging three games and tallying one assist with the AHL's Syracuse Crunch.
Last season splitting time with Pensacola and Johnstown, Sgroi had 25 goals and 22 assists for 47 points and 257 penalty minutes in 53 games.
As a Utah Grizzlies enforcer, the Ontario native had 211 penalty minutes in 71 games while adding three goals and four assists.
In nine pro seasons in the ECHL, AHL and UHL, Sgroi has played in 429 total games totaling 73 goals and 70 assists for 143 points and 1535 penalty minutes.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 36
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 33
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 31