WEST VALLEY CITY Utah Grizzlies acquired six-foot-five forward Mike Sgroi from the Johnstown Chiefs in exchange for future considerations.
Sgroi played with Utah during the 2002-2003 and 2003-2004 seasons when the team was in the AHL.
This year, the veteran had three assists and 22 penalty minutes in 12 games with Johnstown while also logging three games and tallying one assist with the AHL's Syracuse Crunch.
Last season splitting time with Pensacola and Johnstown, Sgroi had 25 goals and 22 assists for 47 points and 257 penalty minutes in 53 games.
As a Utah Grizzlies enforcer, the Ontario native had 211 penalty minutes in 71 games while adding three goals and four assists.
In nine pro seasons in the ECHL, AHL and UHL, Sgroi has played in 429 total games totaling 73 goals and 70 assists for 143 points and 1535 penalty minutes.
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- U. student government passes resolution... 105
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19