WEST VALLEY CITY Utah Grizzlies acquired six-foot-five forward Mike Sgroi from the Johnstown Chiefs in exchange for future considerations.
Sgroi played with Utah during the 2002-2003 and 2003-2004 seasons when the team was in the AHL.
This year, the veteran had three assists and 22 penalty minutes in 12 games with Johnstown while also logging three games and tallying one assist with the AHL's Syracuse Crunch.
Last season splitting time with Pensacola and Johnstown, Sgroi had 25 goals and 22 assists for 47 points and 257 penalty minutes in 53 games.
As a Utah Grizzlies enforcer, the Ontario native had 211 penalty minutes in 71 games while adding three goals and four assists.
In nine pro seasons in the ECHL, AHL and UHL, Sgroi has played in 429 total games totaling 73 goals and 70 assists for 143 points and 1535 penalty minutes.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25