PLEASANT VIEW (AP) — FrontRunner's northernmost terminal will get more service now that Union Pacific Railroad has agreed to yield a shared track more often.
The Utah Transit Authority said it struck a deal with Union Pacific that allows more commuter train service starting Monday for Pleasant View in Weber County.
The additional runs between Pleasant View and Ogden — and bus transfers — will give Pleasant View residents more options to use commuter rail.
UTA shares a 5-mile stretch of track with Union Pacific between Pleasant View and Ogden.
That limited Pleasant View to one departure in the morning and one return trip in evening. Other FrontRunner trains stopped at Ogden.
Starting Monday, UTA will offer three weekday morning departures from Pleasant View.
"Union Pacific Railroad has been a cooperative partner in allowing these additional FrontRunner trains to be dispatched," UTA General Manager John Inglish said. "We know these trains will be well used."
Two of the morning departures from Pleasant View — at 4:55 a.m. and 5:55 a.m. — will require riders to transfer to different trains in Ogden for points farther south. The third departure, at 6:40 a.m., lets riders stay on the same train all the way to Salt Lake City.
Riders will have four options for returning to Pleasant View in the afternoon and evening on weekdays. Two of those afternoon options involve bus rides from Ogden to Pleasant View. A third calls for a train transfer in Ogden. The final option, departing Salt Lake City at 5:12 p.m., lets riders stay on the same train all the way to Pleasant View.
UTA doesn't offer FrontRunner service on Sundays, and there is a reduced schedule on Saturdays.
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- One-third of Utah kids risk becoming...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 39
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 33
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 21
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 12
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 11