Psst. Guess what? Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, did something even more pathetic than lose a leg wrestling match with TV comedian Steven Colbert. He lost to him twice.
"The sad truth is we did it twice, and I lost both times," Chaffetz admitted after the fact on Thursday about the taping for his appearance this week on "The Colbert Report" on Comedy Central. The show aired a five-minute segment poking fun at Chaffetz and his district, capped off showing the pair leg wrestling with Colbert winning by flipping Chaffetz.
"Not exactly a feather in my cap," said Chaffetz, who should have a strong leg as a former football place-kicker for Brigham Young University.
"Television comedians are not exactly known for their physical prowess. But he is freakishly, freakishly strong. You'd be amazed," Chaffetz said. "I've got to start working out a little bit more. That's a priority."
Chaffetz noted several other things were not aired from the taping that also might have been a little embarrassing.
"We played Guitar Hero. He gave me a facial at one point," he said. But it was all in good fun, and Chaffetz even said, "I'd like to go back on again."
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14