Psst. Guess what? Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, did something even more pathetic than lose a leg wrestling match with TV comedian Steven Colbert. He lost to him twice.
"The sad truth is we did it twice, and I lost both times," Chaffetz admitted after the fact on Thursday about the taping for his appearance this week on "The Colbert Report" on Comedy Central. The show aired a five-minute segment poking fun at Chaffetz and his district, capped off showing the pair leg wrestling with Colbert winning by flipping Chaffetz.
"Not exactly a feather in my cap," said Chaffetz, who should have a strong leg as a former football place-kicker for Brigham Young University.
"Television comedians are not exactly known for their physical prowess. But he is freakishly, freakishly strong. You'd be amazed," Chaffetz said. "I've got to start working out a little bit more. That's a priority."
Chaffetz noted several other things were not aired from the taping that also might have been a little embarrassing.
"We played Guitar Hero. He gave me a facial at one point," he said. But it was all in good fun, and Chaffetz even said, "I'd like to go back on again."
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16