Psst. Guess what? Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, did something even more pathetic than lose a leg wrestling match with TV comedian Steven Colbert. He lost to him twice.
"The sad truth is we did it twice, and I lost both times," Chaffetz admitted after the fact on Thursday about the taping for his appearance this week on "The Colbert Report" on Comedy Central. The show aired a five-minute segment poking fun at Chaffetz and his district, capped off showing the pair leg wrestling with Colbert winning by flipping Chaffetz.
"Not exactly a feather in my cap," said Chaffetz, who should have a strong leg as a former football place-kicker for Brigham Young University.
"Television comedians are not exactly known for their physical prowess. But he is freakishly, freakishly strong. You'd be amazed," Chaffetz said. "I've got to start working out a little bit more. That's a priority."
Chaffetz noted several other things were not aired from the taping that also might have been a little embarrassing.
"We played Guitar Hero. He gave me a facial at one point," he said. But it was all in good fun, and Chaffetz even said, "I'd like to go back on again."
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26