NEW YORK Drew Brees has won The Associated Press 2008 NFL Offensive Player of the Year award after nearly setting a passing record for yards.
The quarterback of the New Orleans Saints threw for 5,084 yards, 16 fewer than Dan Marino's 1984 mark and only the second time someone has eclipsed 5,000 yards passing in a season.
Although the Saints were 8-8 and didn't make the playoffs, Brees' prolific work earned him 22 votes in balloting by a nationwide panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the league. NFL MVP Peyton Manning, quarterback of the Indianapolis Colts, and Minnesota running back Adrian Peterson tied for second with nine votes each.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19