CEDAR HILLS To boost their limited income during tough economic times, one husband and wife team turned to prostitution, police say.
American Fork police began getting complaints from neighbors about a sexually oriented business in a Cedar Hills neighborhood, according to an affidavit filed in 4th District Court. American Fork provides police service for the small town.
While investigating, officers found various Web sites advertising the business' services. The ads showed a partially clothed female and information about massages that ended in sexual favors for money, according to the affidavit.
A police informant went to the house on Dec. 19 for an appointment and the woman who answered the door reiterated all the offers as listed on the Web site, according to the affidavit.
After talking with a different paying client outside the home, police learned he had received a massage and sexual favors and had been allowed to touch the woman's breasts, according to the affidavit.
Police later learned that the husband had set up the Web site advertisements and was responsible for collecting the money or demanding the money if people didn't want to pay the full price, according to the affidavit.
Both the husband, 43, and wife, 40, agreed to start the business and to keep it going, police said.
The business has been in operation for several months, catering to as many as six clients a day, who each paid hundreds of dollars, according to the affidavit.
Although the couple had a limited "legitimate income," police said, they had been able to purchase a new truck, upgrade their home and were planning a trip out of the country because of the booming sex business.
Police also noted that the couple does not have a business license, according to the affidavit.
Both were booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of pattern of unlawful activity, prostitution or exploiting a prostitute and no business license. Bail was set at $1,500 cash or bond.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 46
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17