The State Board of Education has elected a new chairwoman and vice chairwoman.
Debra Roberts, of Beaver, District 15, will be the board chairwoman. She replaces Richard Sadler, of Ogden, District 4. He is not returning to the board after his term expires in January.
Dixie Allen, of Vernal, District 14, will be the board vice chairwoman. She replaces Mark Cluff, of Alpine, District 12. Cluff is not returning to the board after his term expires in January.
Cluff said he will continue to be involved in education. He is going to be on the board of Parents for Choice in Education, a grass-roots organization that promotes education innovation.
"I feel, for the strength of education in Utah, we have to rely on the parents and they need to be empowered and understand their responsibility and the education process," Cluff said.
Amy K. Stewart
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8