The State Board of Education has elected a new chairwoman and vice chairwoman.
Debra Roberts, of Beaver, District 15, will be the board chairwoman. She replaces Richard Sadler, of Ogden, District 4. He is not returning to the board after his term expires in January.
Dixie Allen, of Vernal, District 14, will be the board vice chairwoman. She replaces Mark Cluff, of Alpine, District 12. Cluff is not returning to the board after his term expires in January.
Cluff said he will continue to be involved in education. He is going to be on the board of Parents for Choice in Education, a grass-roots organization that promotes education innovation.
"I feel, for the strength of education in Utah, we have to rely on the parents and they need to be empowered and understand their responsibility and the education process," Cluff said.
Amy K. Stewart
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15