Is it too much to ask the Deseret News to stop referring to Proposition 8 as having eliminated homosexuals' right to marry? That's not what the bill did nor was intended to do. The bill defined marriage as being between one man and one woman. Homosexuals can marry all they want. They have that right. But, as their lifestyle probably won't lead them in that direction, homosexuals have the ability to enter into civil unions that give them all of California's state-level rights that are granted with marriage.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 35
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 30
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- My view: More whites should practice... 23
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 21
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice... 13