Is it too much to ask the Deseret News to stop referring to Proposition 8 as having eliminated homosexuals' right to marry? That's not what the bill did nor was intended to do. The bill defined marriage as being between one man and one woman. Homosexuals can marry all they want. They have that right. But, as their lifestyle probably won't lead them in that direction, homosexuals have the ability to enter into civil unions that give them all of California's state-level rights that are granted with marriage.
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive order...
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, ride sharing is...
- Letter: Growing party divide
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- In our opinion: Smoking aside, Utah can still...
- In our opinion: Keystone Pipeline... 67
- Letter: Where jobs come from 64
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 56
- Letter: Growing party divide 50
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 39
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 29
- Letter: Speed limit increase 26