AUBURN HILLS, Mich. Jazz coach Jerry Sloan canceled the team's morning shootaround today due to a snowstorm that is pounding the Detroit metropolitan area.
The Pistons also canceled their scheduled shoot.
Five inches of snow already has fallen today in Auburn Hills, where the Pistons play at The Palace of Auburn Hills, and up to another five is expected by late afternoon.
According to local media reports, that's enough to have the storm on track for being one of the top-five heaviest one-day December snowfalls in recorded Detroit history.
Schools throughout Detroit have all canceled classes, road conditions are extremely hazardous and the entire region remains under a Winter Storm Warning issued by the National Weather Service.
Because both teams are in town, however, the game still is expected to be played.
Utah arrives at 16-11 and on stop No. 3 of a five-game Eastern road trip that is scheduled to continue Saturday night in also-snowy Chicago.
The Jazz had one other shootaround canceled earlier this month, because there wasn't enough heat in a Minneapolis gym prior to their Dec. 9 win at Minnesota.
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior season
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- Felt's Facts, championship edition: Breaking...
- Return to Utah allows Southern Virginia...
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars past...
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high...
- Dick Harmon: Hard-hitting safety Craig Bills...
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 135
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 86
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- BYU to welcome FCS team Savannah State... 39
- Utes still have outside chance at... 27
- Brady Poppinga: From an early age I... 24
- Utah moves up to No. 20/21 after... 22
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21