AUBURN HILLS, Mich. Jazz coach Jerry Sloan canceled the team's morning shootaround today due to a snowstorm that is pounding the Detroit metropolitan area.
The Pistons also canceled their scheduled shoot.
Five inches of snow already has fallen today in Auburn Hills, where the Pistons play at The Palace of Auburn Hills, and up to another five is expected by late afternoon.
According to local media reports, that's enough to have the storm on track for being one of the top-five heaviest one-day December snowfalls in recorded Detroit history.
Schools throughout Detroit have all canceled classes, road conditions are extremely hazardous and the entire region remains under a Winter Storm Warning issued by the National Weather Service.
Because both teams are in town, however, the game still is expected to be played.
Utah arrives at 16-11 and on stop No. 3 of a five-game Eastern road trip that is scheduled to continue Saturday night in also-snowy Chicago.
The Jazz had one other shootaround canceled earlier this month, because there wasn't enough heat in a Minneapolis gym prior to their Dec. 9 win at Minnesota.
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Morning links: National college... 96
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 92
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 57
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 28
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 21