AUBURN HILLS, Mich. Jazz coach Jerry Sloan canceled the team's morning shootaround today due to a snowstorm that is pounding the Detroit metropolitan area.
The Pistons also canceled their scheduled shoot.
Five inches of snow already has fallen today in Auburn Hills, where the Pistons play at The Palace of Auburn Hills, and up to another five is expected by late afternoon.
According to local media reports, that's enough to have the storm on track for being one of the top-five heaviest one-day December snowfalls in recorded Detroit history.
Schools throughout Detroit have all canceled classes, road conditions are extremely hazardous and the entire region remains under a Winter Storm Warning issued by the National Weather Service.
Because both teams are in town, however, the game still is expected to be played.
Utah arrives at 16-11 and on stop No. 3 of a five-game Eastern road trip that is scheduled to continue Saturday night in also-snowy Chicago.
The Jazz had one other shootaround canceled earlier this month, because there wasn't enough heat in a Minneapolis gym prior to their Dec. 9 win at Minnesota.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16