AUBURN HILLS, Mich. Jazz coach Jerry Sloan canceled the team's morning shootaround today due to a snowstorm that is pounding the Detroit metropolitan area.
The Pistons also canceled their scheduled shoot.
Five inches of snow already has fallen today in Auburn Hills, where the Pistons play at The Palace of Auburn Hills, and up to another five is expected by late afternoon.
According to local media reports, that's enough to have the storm on track for being one of the top-five heaviest one-day December snowfalls in recorded Detroit history.
Schools throughout Detroit have all canceled classes, road conditions are extremely hazardous and the entire region remains under a Winter Storm Warning issued by the National Weather Service.
Because both teams are in town, however, the game still is expected to be played.
Utah arrives at 16-11 and on stop No. 3 of a five-game Eastern road trip that is scheduled to continue Saturday night in also-snowy Chicago.
The Jazz had one other shootaround canceled earlier this month, because there wasn't enough heat in a Minneapolis gym prior to their Dec. 9 win at Minnesota.
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Best of the West: Shifting teams around after...
- Morning links: ESPN's Chad Ford draft...
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes still outstanding from...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Utes get it done at home again
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 99
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 62
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 56
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 37
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Utes get it done at home again 21