The Jazz's Mehmet Okur ranks third among Western Conference centers in the first release of early balloting results for the upcoming NBA All-Star Game, but neither currently injured two-time All-Star Carlos Boozer nor Jazz point Deron Williams ranked among the top-10 Western forwards or guards, respectively.
The Jazz's Andrei Kirilenko, an All-Star in 2004, also failed to crack the top among Western forwards, meaning he, Boozer and Williams all have received fewer than 78,500 votes
Okur, an All-Star injury replacement selection for Boozer in 2007, has received 162,139 votes.
But he doesn't stand a chance to be voted into the game by fans, as the big Turk is well behind both Houston's Yao Ming (529,290) and Phoenix's Shaquille O'Neal (227,273).
Orlando center Dwight Howard leads all vote-getters 775,933, and Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers leads all Western Conference contenders with 719,252 votes.
New Orleans point Paul, incidentally, ranks second among Western guards with 406,220.
Other position leaders: Cleveland's LeBron James (East forwards), Miami's Dwyane Wade (East guards) and San Antonio's Tim Duncan (West forwards).
The 58th All-Star Game will be played Feb. 15 in Phoenix.
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- Cougars looking for special season with...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- BYU football: Receiver Nick Kurtz poised for...
- Dick Harmon: How much swagger BYU finds after...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 84
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 62
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 28
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 26
- Morning links: Can Cougars snap... 25