The Jazz's Mehmet Okur ranks third among Western Conference centers in the first release of early balloting results for the upcoming NBA All-Star Game, but neither currently injured two-time All-Star Carlos Boozer nor Jazz point Deron Williams ranked among the top-10 Western forwards or guards, respectively.
The Jazz's Andrei Kirilenko, an All-Star in 2004, also failed to crack the top among Western forwards, meaning he, Boozer and Williams all have received fewer than 78,500 votes
Okur, an All-Star injury replacement selection for Boozer in 2007, has received 162,139 votes.
But he doesn't stand a chance to be voted into the game by fans, as the big Turk is well behind both Houston's Yao Ming (529,290) and Phoenix's Shaquille O'Neal (227,273).
Orlando center Dwight Howard leads all vote-getters 775,933, and Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers leads all Western Conference contenders with 719,252 votes.
New Orleans point Paul, incidentally, ranks second among Western guards with 406,220.
Other position leaders: Cleveland's LeBron James (East forwards), Miami's Dwyane Wade (East guards) and San Antonio's Tim Duncan (West forwards).
The 58th All-Star Game will be played Feb. 15 in Phoenix.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 108
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 65
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 31
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 22
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 21
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 13
- Decades later, Thurl Bailey and N.C.... 12