The Jazz's Mehmet Okur ranks third among Western Conference centers in the first release of early balloting results for the upcoming NBA All-Star Game, but neither currently injured two-time All-Star Carlos Boozer nor Jazz point Deron Williams ranked among the top-10 Western forwards or guards, respectively.
The Jazz's Andrei Kirilenko, an All-Star in 2004, also failed to crack the top among Western forwards, meaning he, Boozer and Williams all have received fewer than 78,500 votes
Okur, an All-Star injury replacement selection for Boozer in 2007, has received 162,139 votes.
But he doesn't stand a chance to be voted into the game by fans, as the big Turk is well behind both Houston's Yao Ming (529,290) and Phoenix's Shaquille O'Neal (227,273).
Orlando center Dwight Howard leads all vote-getters 775,933, and Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers leads all Western Conference contenders with 719,252 votes.
New Orleans point Paul, incidentally, ranks second among Western guards with 406,220.
Other position leaders: Cleveland's LeBron James (East forwards), Miami's Dwyane Wade (East guards) and San Antonio's Tim Duncan (West forwards).
The 58th All-Star Game will be played Feb. 15 in Phoenix.
- High school football: Defense, big plays pave...
- High school football: Timpview overcomes...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high...
- Championship Friday, live streams, stats and...
- Dick Harmon: Utah tries to break out of...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The championship edition
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 142
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 114
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 36
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 35
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21
- Dick Harmon: Hard-hitting safety Craig... 19