PHOENIX Jazz reserve point guard Brevin Knight will be hospitalized overnight for observation here after getting struck in the windpipe with an elbow during the final few seconds of the opening quarter in Utah's 106-104 loss to Phoenix tonight.
Knight immediately reached for his throat after the play.
He stayed in the game and even played about three-and-a-half minutes in the second quarter, but after tasting blood in his mouth was taken to a local hospital at halftime.
A CT Scan showed swelling but no tearing in Knight's throat, a Jazz spokesman said.Because medical personnel didn't want Knight to fly and risk further swelling, he will remain in Phoenix while the team returns to Utah.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 90
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 75
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 46
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34