PHOENIX Jazz reserve point guard Brevin Knight will be hospitalized overnight for observation here after getting struck in the windpipe with an elbow during the final few seconds of the opening quarter in Utah's 106-104 loss to Phoenix tonight.
Knight immediately reached for his throat after the play.
He stayed in the game and even played about three-and-a-half minutes in the second quarter, but after tasting blood in his mouth was taken to a local hospital at halftime.
A CT Scan showed swelling but no tearing in Knight's throat, a Jazz spokesman said.Because medical personnel didn't want Knight to fly and risk further swelling, he will remain in Phoenix while the team returns to Utah.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25