Local leaders from the religious, political, legal and sports communities remembered Elder Wirthlin as a man of service to the church and community.
We join with so many others touched by his words and deeds, in remembering his service to his community and church. He will be remembered for his sincere heart and ability to laugh with those around him. Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr.
We really considered him part of the football family. ... He was just a genuine person and had a great spirit about him. We're going to miss him. I'm going to miss him personally. Kyle Whittingham, head football coach University of Utah
Elder Wirthlin was a great Ute and a true friend to the University of Utah football program, coaches, players and staff. We sorely miss his presence and mourn his passing. Urban Meyer former head football coach University of Utah
I was sad to learn of the passing of Elder Wirthlin. His life was an extraordinary example of faith and service to others. He made the world a better place. I extend my deepest sympathies to his family. Rep. Jim Matheson
He was a man of strong character, great conviction, and possessed a truly kind and gentle heart. He had the ability to make everyone he met feel loved and appreciated. I always admired his humble, compassionate way of addressing issues of great importance to not only members of our faith, but to people from all walks of life and from all over the world. ... I will be forever grateful for the friendship we shared, and honor him today for the example he set of love, honesty, compassion, and strength. Sen. Orrin Hatch
An apostle of the Lord who loves football. It doesn't get any better than that. Terry Baker instructor, LDS Institute of Religion
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7