HERRIMAN A motorcycle rider was killed Monday morning after hitting a minivan when the minivan's driver apparently made a turn in front of him.
The 27-year-old man, whose name was not released Monday pending family notification, was riding a bullet bike on 11800 South just before 10:30 a.m., said Salt Lake County sheriff's deputy Shane Manwaring.
The driver of a minivan made a left turn at the intersection of 4000 West, reportedly right in front of the motorcycle, Manwaring said. The man, who was wearing a helmet, did not have time to react, and he hit the van.
The man was declared dead at the scene. Neither the woman driving the minivan nor her baby in the back seat were injured. No charges were filed Monday against the driver of the minivan.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12