HERRIMAN A motorcycle rider was killed Monday morning after hitting a minivan when the minivan's driver apparently made a turn in front of him.
The 27-year-old man, whose name was not released Monday pending family notification, was riding a bullet bike on 11800 South just before 10:30 a.m., said Salt Lake County sheriff's deputy Shane Manwaring.
The driver of a minivan made a left turn at the intersection of 4000 West, reportedly right in front of the motorcycle, Manwaring said. The man, who was wearing a helmet, did not have time to react, and he hit the van.
The man was declared dead at the scene. Neither the woman driving the minivan nor her baby in the back seat were injured. No charges were filed Monday against the driver of the minivan.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14