HERRIMAN A motorcycle rider was killed Monday morning after hitting a minivan when the minivan's driver apparently made a turn in front of him.
The 27-year-old man, whose name was not released Monday pending family notification, was riding a bullet bike on 11800 South just before 10:30 a.m., said Salt Lake County sheriff's deputy Shane Manwaring.
The driver of a minivan made a left turn at the intersection of 4000 West, reportedly right in front of the motorcycle, Manwaring said. The man, who was wearing a helmet, did not have time to react, and he hit the van.
The man was declared dead at the scene. Neither the woman driving the minivan nor her baby in the back seat were injured. No charges were filed Monday against the driver of the minivan.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8