HERRIMAN A motorcycle rider was killed Monday morning after hitting a minivan when the minivan's driver apparently made a turn in front of him.
The 27-year-old man, whose name was not released Monday pending family notification, was riding a bullet bike on 11800 South just before 10:30 a.m., said Salt Lake County sheriff's deputy Shane Manwaring.
The driver of a minivan made a left turn at the intersection of 4000 West, reportedly right in front of the motorcycle, Manwaring said. The man, who was wearing a helmet, did not have time to react, and he hit the van.
The man was declared dead at the scene. Neither the woman driving the minivan nor her baby in the back seat were injured. No charges were filed Monday against the driver of the minivan.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11