HERRIMAN A motorcycle rider was killed Monday morning after hitting a minivan when the minivan's driver apparently made a turn in front of him.
The 27-year-old man, whose name was not released Monday pending family notification, was riding a bullet bike on 11800 South just before 10:30 a.m., said Salt Lake County sheriff's deputy Shane Manwaring.
The driver of a minivan made a left turn at the intersection of 4000 West, reportedly right in front of the motorcycle, Manwaring said. The man, who was wearing a helmet, did not have time to react, and he hit the van.
The man was declared dead at the scene. Neither the woman driving the minivan nor her baby in the back seat were injured. No charges were filed Monday against the driver of the minivan.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 65
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 40
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 36
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17