With less than a week to go before the two schools take the field, the annual food drive competition between Utah and BYU kicks off today.
In the week leading up to the rivalry game, fans of both schools can donate cans and other nonperishable food items to help in the fight against hunger.
In Salt Lake, items can be dropped off at the Alumni House, 155 S. Central Campus Drive, or at other pick-up sites around campus.
In Provo, there will be bins located around the BYU campus and at Macy's.
At all Deseret First Credit Union branches, $1 will get a red "U" on the branch's wall. A buck also gets a "Y" on the wall of several Provo businesses, including the Creamery and the Cougareat. The donations will go toward helping Community Action Services purchase food.
Monetary donations can also be made online at www.alumni.utah.edu or at Rice Eccles Stadium on game day.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29