With less than a week to go before the two schools take the field, the annual food drive competition between Utah and BYU kicks off today.
In the week leading up to the rivalry game, fans of both schools can donate cans and other nonperishable food items to help in the fight against hunger.
In Salt Lake, items can be dropped off at the Alumni House, 155 S. Central Campus Drive, or at other pick-up sites around campus.
In Provo, there will be bins located around the BYU campus and at Macy's.
At all Deseret First Credit Union branches, $1 will get a red "U" on the branch's wall. A buck also gets a "Y" on the wall of several Provo businesses, including the Creamery and the Cougareat. The donations will go toward helping Community Action Services purchase food.
Monetary donations can also be made online at www.alumni.utah.edu or at Rice Eccles Stadium on game day.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 21
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16