With less than a week to go before the two schools take the field, the annual food drive competition between Utah and BYU kicks off today.
In the week leading up to the rivalry game, fans of both schools can donate cans and other nonperishable food items to help in the fight against hunger.
In Salt Lake, items can be dropped off at the Alumni House, 155 S. Central Campus Drive, or at other pick-up sites around campus.
In Provo, there will be bins located around the BYU campus and at Macy's.
At all Deseret First Credit Union branches, $1 will get a red "U" on the branch's wall. A buck also gets a "Y" on the wall of several Provo businesses, including the Creamery and the Cougareat. The donations will go toward helping Community Action Services purchase food.
Monetary donations can also be made online at www.alumni.utah.edu or at Rice Eccles Stadium on game day.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man found shot to death in Cottonwood Heights...
- Splash pad in N. Salt Lake’s Legacy...
- Panel seeks submissions for West Bountiful...
- Mapleton to discuss proposed road fee on June 15
- GOED board OKs grants to help 8 rural businesses
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 18
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8