Delta Air Lines Inc., the world's largest carrier, named a new finance chief to replace Ed Bastian as he focuses on integrating the purchase of Northwest Airlines Corp.
Hank Halter, with 10 years at Delta, becomes chief financial officer and will report to Bastian, who is interim chief executive officer of the Northwest unit. Steve Gorman was promoted to chief operating officer from executive vice president of operations, Delta said Friday in a statement.
The moves are the first management changes by CEO Richard Anderson since Delta completed the $2.75 billion all-stock merger this week. Anderson will run the combined carrier, which will keep Delta's name and Atlanta headquarters.
The combination of Delta, formerly the third-largest U.S. carrier, and No. 6 Northwest surpassed AMR Corp.'s American Airlines as the world's biggest carrier by traffic.
Bastian, 51, said this week he would spend most of his time over the next two years at Northwest's offices in Eagan, Minn., overseeing day-to-day operations and helping combine the carriers' routes, schedules, fleets and employee groups.
Bastian replaces Doug Steenland, who stepped down as CEO of Northwest on Wednesday, when the acquisition was completed.
In a separate memo to employees, Anderson said nine executives have left Delta.
Lee Macenczak, executive vice president of sales and marketing; Ken Khoury, executive vice president and general counsel; Pam Elledge, senior vice president of sales and distribution; and Scott Yohe, senior vice president of government affairs, are among the departing Delta managers.
Northwest CFO Dave Davis is also leaving and will be replaced by Terry Mackenthun, according to Betsy Talton, a spokeswoman at Delta.
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- Astronauts board space station for 1-year...
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job...
- Salt Lake City to become next Google Fiber city
- Park City approves lift connecting 2 ski resorts
- Internet outages reveal gaps in US broadband...
- Bill before Utah governor to regulate...
- Colorado drilling plan has safeguards for...
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- UTA board approves new pay plan for... 11
- AP Investigation: Slavery taints global... 6
- Oil council: Shale won't last, Arctic... 3
- Internet outages reveal gaps in US... 2
- Astronauts board space station for... 2
- Stericycle medical waste incinerator... 2
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job... 1