Delta Air Lines Inc., the world's largest carrier, named a new finance chief to replace Ed Bastian as he focuses on integrating the purchase of Northwest Airlines Corp.
Hank Halter, with 10 years at Delta, becomes chief financial officer and will report to Bastian, who is interim chief executive officer of the Northwest unit. Steve Gorman was promoted to chief operating officer from executive vice president of operations, Delta said Friday in a statement.
The moves are the first management changes by CEO Richard Anderson since Delta completed the $2.75 billion all-stock merger this week. Anderson will run the combined carrier, which will keep Delta's name and Atlanta headquarters.
The combination of Delta, formerly the third-largest U.S. carrier, and No. 6 Northwest surpassed AMR Corp.'s American Airlines as the world's biggest carrier by traffic.
Bastian, 51, said this week he would spend most of his time over the next two years at Northwest's offices in Eagan, Minn., overseeing day-to-day operations and helping combine the carriers' routes, schedules, fleets and employee groups.
Bastian replaces Doug Steenland, who stepped down as CEO of Northwest on Wednesday, when the acquisition was completed.
In a separate memo to employees, Anderson said nine executives have left Delta.
Lee Macenczak, executive vice president of sales and marketing; Ken Khoury, executive vice president and general counsel; Pam Elledge, senior vice president of sales and distribution; and Scott Yohe, senior vice president of government affairs, are among the departing Delta managers.
Northwest CFO Dave Davis is also leaving and will be replaced by Terry Mackenthun, according to Betsy Talton, a spokeswoman at Delta.
- It just became easier to be a mother in the Navy
- Refurbished furniture carving out business...
- Here's an odd way to make it through college...
- The average Joe only works 4.5 hours a day....
- Greek villagers' secret weapon: Grow your own...
- These airports want to help you draw closer...
- New plans for Wasatch Front bikers, drivers...
- Federal, Indiana authorities raid home of...
- Here's an odd way to make it through... 15
- State liquor stores using price tags to... 5
- The average Joe only works 4.5 hours a... 4
- North Salt Lake homeowners deny... 4
- Greek villagers' secret weapon: Grow... 3
- Standoff over social media passwords... 2
- Owner of 'Tetris' rights takes Hawaii... 2
- Carnival aims to launch Miami to Cuba... 2