Utah is ignored by the campaigns only because the outcome has already been decided. If the election were close in Utah, the presidential campaign workers would be on us like flies.
I consider the Electoral College one of the genius additions to the Constitution. First it makes us think (for those who actually think) in terms of a republic made of states, not just one massive government. Second, it keeps the nation from falling into electoral chaos. If the election were very close and the people distrusted the ballots in some locations, we could possibly lose our entire system of government into who knows what. I don't even like to think about it.
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- Robert Bennett: Compromise will morph into...
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration...
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 57
- Letter: End daylight saving time 37
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 35
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 31
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 27
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21