Utah is ignored by the campaigns only because the outcome has already been decided. If the election were close in Utah, the presidential campaign workers would be on us like flies.
I consider the Electoral College one of the genius additions to the Constitution. First it makes us think (for those who actually think) in terms of a republic made of states, not just one massive government. Second, it keeps the nation from falling into electoral chaos. If the election were very close and the people distrusted the ballots in some locations, we could possibly lose our entire system of government into who knows what. I don't even like to think about it.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Wood burning an easy target
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 44
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 42
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 28