Utah is ignored by the campaigns only because the outcome has already been decided. If the election were close in Utah, the presidential campaign workers would be on us like flies.
I consider the Electoral College one of the genius additions to the Constitution. First it makes us think (for those who actually think) in terms of a republic made of states, not just one massive government. Second, it keeps the nation from falling into electoral chaos. If the election were very close and the people distrusted the ballots in some locations, we could possibly lose our entire system of government into who knows what. I don't even like to think about it.
- Letter: Moral decline
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move forward...
- Medicaid will sting Beehive State's economy
- About Utah: High time for a peaceful revival
- In our opinion: Some universities targeting...
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial imbalance...
- Letter: Moral decline 81
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 80
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 47
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 39
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28