Utah is ignored by the campaigns only because the outcome has already been decided. If the election were close in Utah, the presidential campaign workers would be on us like flies.
I consider the Electoral College one of the genius additions to the Constitution. First it makes us think (for those who actually think) in terms of a republic made of states, not just one massive government. Second, it keeps the nation from falling into electoral chaos. If the election were very close and the people distrusted the ballots in some locations, we could possibly lose our entire system of government into who knows what. I don't even like to think about it.
- If 'Upworthy' covered the Bible, they would...
- In our opinion: Utah is not a swing state and...
- Michael Gerson: Why the theological...
- M. Zuhdi Jasser: The fifth commandment is...
- Jay Evensen: In predicting the future, we...
- Which states are best for tax payers?
- Dan Liljenquist: Higher education reform
- Letter: Right and wrong
- Letter: Right and wrong 97
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 64
- Letter: Science consensus is slow,... 54
- In our opinion: Western land standoff... 39
- Michael Gerson: Why the theological... 33
- John Hoffmire: Why shouldn’t... 29
- Letter: The rest of the highway... 27
- In our opinion: Utah is not a swing... 26