The Jazz waived point guard Gerry McNamara after practice on Saturday, reducing their roster count to the NBA maximum-allowed 15.
The move was fully expected, as all 15 who remain with the Jazz have guaranteed contracts.
McNamara, a free agent from Syracuse, has yet to play in a regular-season NBA game.
He appeared in four of seven preseason games for the Jazz, averaging 2.5 points and 0.5 assists in 7.3 minutes per game.
Also Saturday, small forward Matt Harpring (ankle rehab) and big man Jarron Collins (triceps tendinitis) both returned to full-participation practice.
Point guard Deron Williams did not practice Saturday, and continues to rehab and receive treatment on his sprained ankle.The Jazz open their 2008-09 NBA regular-season schedule Wednesday night vs. Denver at EnergySolutions Arena.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 105
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 19