The Jazz waived point guard Gerry McNamara after practice on Saturday, reducing their roster count to the NBA maximum-allowed 15.
The move was fully expected, as all 15 who remain with the Jazz have guaranteed contracts.
McNamara, a free agent from Syracuse, has yet to play in a regular-season NBA game.
He appeared in four of seven preseason games for the Jazz, averaging 2.5 points and 0.5 assists in 7.3 minutes per game.
Also Saturday, small forward Matt Harpring (ankle rehab) and big man Jarron Collins (triceps tendinitis) both returned to full-participation practice.
Point guard Deron Williams did not practice Saturday, and continues to rehab and receive treatment on his sprained ankle.The Jazz open their 2008-09 NBA regular-season schedule Wednesday night vs. Denver at EnergySolutions Arena.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28