WASHINGTON (AP) Barack Obama has become the first presidential candidate to buy ad space inside a game.
Eighteen video games, including the extremely popular "Guitar Hero" and "Madden 09," will feature in-game ads from the Obama campaign in the final weeks before the election. The ads appearing on billboards and other signage remind players that early voting has begun and plug a campaign Web site that encourages people to register to vote early.
Obama campaign officials said the video game ads target 10 states that allow early voting, including several battlegrounds: Ohio, Iowa, Indiana, Montana, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, and Colorado.
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Creeping landslide devouring part of Jackson,...
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew...
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Some countries get Obama, but want his wife, too
- Photos: Celebrating Easter across the world
- Jelly beans, chocolate and plastic eggs:...
- Get married, stay married? No fault divorce...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 28
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23
- Police: Student ate more pot than... 19
- Sentenced but never jailed, robber who... 16
- Supreme Court weighs ban on false... 15
- Get married, stay married? No fault... 14