WASHINGTON (AP) Barack Obama has become the first presidential candidate to buy ad space inside a game.
Eighteen video games, including the extremely popular "Guitar Hero" and "Madden 09," will feature in-game ads from the Obama campaign in the final weeks before the election. The ads appearing on billboards and other signage remind players that early voting has begun and plug a campaign Web site that encourages people to register to vote early.
Obama campaign officials said the video game ads target 10 states that allow early voting, including several battlegrounds: Ohio, Iowa, Indiana, Montana, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, and Colorado.
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican...
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by to watch
- 9 films advance in Oscars shortlist for best...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- 'Hobbit' goes out on top with $90.6 million...
- 10 years on, where did all the tsunami debris...
- Spain hands out $3B in planet's biggest lottery
- 2 cops in New York City ambushed, fatally...
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 33
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 19
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 13
- Utah mourners for Pakistani children... 8
- Obama declares 2014 'a breakthrough... 7