BOISE Reserve point guard Brevin Knight did not take part in the morning session of the Jazz training camp today due to a strained lower back sustained in Wednesday's second practice.
Also out of action this morning were two free-agent hopefuls, guard Gerry McNamara and big man Kevin Lyde.
McNamara has whiplash and a sore jaw after hitting his head on the floor during Wednesday's late session.
Lyde was ill and stayed back at the Jazz's team hotel here.
Knight said he did not want to put a timetable on his return, but added that he did not think the injury was a serious one.
"We're just going to play it by ear," he said.
"Backs and stuff kind of take it as it is," said Knight, who added the injury is not a typical one for him. "I've never had it. Just got caught the wrong way, I think. Those things tend to happen."
Knight said he "tweaked" the back, and that it was still "a little stiff" this morning. The injury occurred when he tried to fight through a play in which starting point Deron Williams was defending him.
The absences and that of backup small forward Matt Harpring, who continues to work out with private trainers in California, and Summer Olympians Williams, Carlos Boozer and Andrei Kirilenko, who are working out just once a day left the Jazz with just 11 players practicing this morning.At least 14 including Williams, Boozer and Kirilenko are expected to take part in an open-to-the-public scrimmage tonight that starts at 6 p.m. in Boise State University's Taco Bell Arena.
- Hayward looking like Captain America early in...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon features BYU,...
- Ansah, Wagner or Weddle: Which local had the...
- What you may have missed: UConn fan's pleas...
- BYU's defense, among nation's leaders in...
- Gary Crowton resigns as SUU offensive...
- ESPN's Brett McMurphy: 'I actually should...
- Home hasn't been so sweet in Pac-12 play
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 56
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 44
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 38
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 34
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 26
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn,... 23
- Dick Harmon: Mangum uses chunk yardage... 22
- Morning links: Kyle Whittingham 'doing... 20