A Granger High School football coach was taken to the hospital after an angry parent reportedly hit the coach in the head with a helmet Friday night, Salt Lake police said.
Darius McCormick was trying to get two players who were upset about a 34-7 loss to Highland to join their teammates on the bus when their father apparently became upset, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Scott White.
"The dad gets upset and says, 'Don't talk to my kids,"' White said. "The coach continues to talk to the kids and the parent decides to grab one of the kid's helmets and literally cold-cock the guy."
McCormick, 27, was taken to the University Hospital with a broken jaw.
The father, Tumua Fagota Siaumau, was arrested for investigation of aggravated assault and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail where he was being held on $7,500 bail Sunday.
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Parties have now finalized arguments in...
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations against...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- 25-year-old man dies after losing control of...
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- Can House speaker be a 'real fighter' in...
- Kaysville man with MS shares hope with others
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage... 73
- Parties have now finalized arguments in... 53
- British judge hears arguments in case... 47
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash... 36
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations... 34
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for... 32
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 29