Utah Jazz: Ex-Ute Britton Johnsen to participate in fall camp
In his quest to return to the NBA, former University of Utah standout Britton Johnsen will participate in the Utah Jazz's training camp this fall.
Johnsen, who earned Utah's Mr. Basketball honors during his high school career at Murray High, confirmed he has a spot on the camp roster Thursday afternoon.
"That's the plan," he said.
Johnsen also played for the Jazz this summer at the Rocky Mountain Revue, though a severely bruised left thigh sidelined limited his court time. Before receiving his contusion, the 6-10 forward averaged 7.5 points and 3.0 rebounds in 17 minutes during two Revue games.
Though he's realistic with his chances with the Jazz, whose roster is full, Johnsen is hoping to work his way back into the league after a three-year absence. He played 20 games with the Orlando Magic in 2003-04 and made six appearances with the Indiana Pacers in 2004.
Aside from a brief stint with the Utah Flash, Johnsen has spent a lot of the past four years playing professionally in Europe with teams in Spain, France and Turkey.
Johnsen will be joined at training camp by fellow NBA hopeful Gerry McNamara, a 6-2 point guard from Syracuse, among others who have not yet been announced.The Jazz have not yet released their full roster for the camp, which runs Sept. 29-Oct. 3, including four days of practice in Boise, Idaho.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48