Utah Jazz: Ex-Ute Britton Johnsen to participate in fall camp
In his quest to return to the NBA, former University of Utah standout Britton Johnsen will participate in the Utah Jazz's training camp this fall.
Johnsen, who earned Utah's Mr. Basketball honors during his high school career at Murray High, confirmed he has a spot on the camp roster Thursday afternoon.
"That's the plan," he said.
Johnsen also played for the Jazz this summer at the Rocky Mountain Revue, though a severely bruised left thigh sidelined limited his court time. Before receiving his contusion, the 6-10 forward averaged 7.5 points and 3.0 rebounds in 17 minutes during two Revue games.
Though he's realistic with his chances with the Jazz, whose roster is full, Johnsen is hoping to work his way back into the league after a three-year absence. He played 20 games with the Orlando Magic in 2003-04 and made six appearances with the Indiana Pacers in 2004.
Aside from a brief stint with the Utah Flash, Johnsen has spent a lot of the past four years playing professionally in Europe with teams in Spain, France and Turkey.
Johnsen will be joined at training camp by fellow NBA hopeful Gerry McNamara, a 6-2 point guard from Syracuse, among others who have not yet been announced.The Jazz have not yet released their full roster for the camp, which runs Sept. 29-Oct. 3, including four days of practice in Boise, Idaho.
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Curtain raiser: Quin Snyder Era begins in...
- Poppinga has endured dark times before, hopes...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 42
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 41
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 35