Courtney Sargent, Deseret News
Police detective Roslyn Rainey, top, participates in the Subway Spelling Bee and Brain Challenge at Whittier Elementary School on Monday. Left, fifth-grader Emily Cruz spells a word. Right, sixth-grader Tatiana Finau is sprayed with silly string. Whittier Elementary students outshone community leaders, winning the challenge 180 points to 140.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 25
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Granite School District reaches... 18