Courtney Sargent, Deseret News
Police detective Roslyn Rainey, top, participates in the Subway Spelling Bee and Brain Challenge at Whittier Elementary School on Monday. Left, fifth-grader Emily Cruz spells a word. Right, sixth-grader Tatiana Finau is sprayed with silly string. Whittier Elementary students outshone community leaders, winning the challenge 180 points to 140.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Provo
- American Fork appoints interim police chief
- Photos: Deaf, blind students experience...
- Photos: Students salute military personnel...
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme Court...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 18
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8