Courtney Sargent, Deseret News
Police detective Roslyn Rainey, top, participates in the Subway Spelling Bee and Brain Challenge at Whittier Elementary School on Monday. Left, fifth-grader Emily Cruz spells a word. Right, sixth-grader Tatiana Finau is sprayed with silly string. Whittier Elementary students outshone community leaders, winning the challenge 180 points to 140.
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13