SAN ANGELO, Texas A member of the Fundamentalist LDS Church indicted on a sexual assault charge was forced to give a DNA sample, a newly unsealed search warrant states.
The search warrant was filed with the Schleicher County Court in Eldorado, Texas, on July 29 but was made public Wednesday.
The search warrant sought a cheek swab from Allan Eugene Keate, citing records seized in the April raid on the YFZ Ranch. The search warrant accused Keate of having sex with a girl he married when she was 15 in a ceremony at the ranch on May 5, 2005.
"The marriage of Keate and Jane Doe was one of two marriages for Allan Eugene Keate on May 5, 2005," wrote Texas Ranger Nick Hanna in an affidavit filed with the search warrant.
The girl was the fifth of six wives for Keate, the affidavit states. She gave birth to a son on Dec. 30, 2006.
"As Jane Doe was only 15 years of age and Allan Eugene Keate was approximately 52 years of age at the time of the marriage, and Jane Doe was approximately 16 years of age at the time of conception, affiant believes Allan Eugene Keate has committed the offense of sexual assault of a child," Hanna wrote.
The DNA sample was sought to confirm if Keate was the baby's father. Attached to the search warrant were a drivers license photo of Keate and a return showing a cheek sample was obtained July 28.
Six men, including Keate and FLDS leader Warren Jeffs, were indicted by a grand jury in nearby Eldorado on charges ranging from sexual assault to bigamy to failure to report child abuse. The grand jury is scheduled to meet again Thursday.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Residents of six apartments displaced in Salt...
- Hatch introduces bill to encourage medical...
- New FAA rules on drone use could help local...
- Saratoga Springs residents fed up with city's...
- Man suffers burns in costly West Valley fire...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21