SAN ANGELO, Texas A member of the Fundamentalist LDS Church indicted on a sexual assault charge was forced to give a DNA sample, a newly unsealed search warrant states.
The search warrant was filed with the Schleicher County Court in Eldorado, Texas, on July 29 but was made public Wednesday.
The search warrant sought a cheek swab from Allan Eugene Keate, citing records seized in the April raid on the YFZ Ranch. The search warrant accused Keate of having sex with a girl he married when she was 15 in a ceremony at the ranch on May 5, 2005.
"The marriage of Keate and Jane Doe was one of two marriages for Allan Eugene Keate on May 5, 2005," wrote Texas Ranger Nick Hanna in an affidavit filed with the search warrant.
The girl was the fifth of six wives for Keate, the affidavit states. She gave birth to a son on Dec. 30, 2006.
"As Jane Doe was only 15 years of age and Allan Eugene Keate was approximately 52 years of age at the time of the marriage, and Jane Doe was approximately 16 years of age at the time of conception, affiant believes Allan Eugene Keate has committed the offense of sexual assault of a child," Hanna wrote.
The DNA sample was sought to confirm if Keate was the baby's father. Attached to the search warrant were a drivers license photo of Keate and a return showing a cheek sample was obtained July 28.
Six men, including Keate and FLDS leader Warren Jeffs, were indicted by a grand jury in nearby Eldorado on charges ranging from sexual assault to bigamy to failure to report child abuse. The grand jury is scheduled to meet again Thursday.
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- Family touched by tragedy gives back to Orem...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 144
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 69
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 36
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 25
- Salt Lake protesters take their message... 18
- Gov. Herbert tours state prison to... 16
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 13