Hairstylists will be lathering up different kinds of dog customers, all for a good cause.
Dexterity Salon and Caffe Niche are preparing to host a charity dog wash Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. to benefit No More Homeless Pets in Utah. The nonprofit organization seeks to prevent euthanasia of stray dogs and cats statewide through pet adoption and spaying and neutering programs.
The dog wash will take place on the front lawn of the businesses, which share a building at 779 E. 300 South.
"Most of us have never shampooed a dog, but we're preparing ourselves," said Tara Southard, owner of Dexterity Salon and co-owner of Caffe Niche.
The salon's game plan will include tents for shade, hot dogs and lemonade, and raffle prizes. On the morning of the event, a professional dog groomer will train the stylists on how to wash the leashed dogs that are accompanied by their owners.
"It's been a group effort," Southard said. Posters were donated from Next Level Promotion and hang in the bathrooms and glass doors of the salon and cafe. The shampoo that will be used in the $5 wash and the conditioner, added for $3, are both donated. A bin at the front entrance of the salon holds pet items, from blankets and collars to toys and food.
Southard said she anticipates a good turnout because of the buzz among the clients."Everyone is really excited," Southard said. "It's a way for us to stay involved in the community."
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 57
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17