Hairstylists will be lathering up different kinds of dog customers, all for a good cause.
Dexterity Salon and Caffe Niche are preparing to host a charity dog wash Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. to benefit No More Homeless Pets in Utah. The nonprofit organization seeks to prevent euthanasia of stray dogs and cats statewide through pet adoption and spaying and neutering programs.
The dog wash will take place on the front lawn of the businesses, which share a building at 779 E. 300 South.
"Most of us have never shampooed a dog, but we're preparing ourselves," said Tara Southard, owner of Dexterity Salon and co-owner of Caffe Niche.
The salon's game plan will include tents for shade, hot dogs and lemonade, and raffle prizes. On the morning of the event, a professional dog groomer will train the stylists on how to wash the leashed dogs that are accompanied by their owners.
"It's been a group effort," Southard said. Posters were donated from Next Level Promotion and hang in the bathrooms and glass doors of the salon and cafe. The shampoo that will be used in the $5 wash and the conditioner, added for $3, are both donated. A bin at the front entrance of the salon holds pet items, from blankets and collars to toys and food.
Southard said she anticipates a good turnout because of the buzz among the clients."Everyone is really excited," Southard said. "It's a way for us to stay involved in the community."
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 24