Hairstylists will be lathering up different kinds of dog customers, all for a good cause.
Dexterity Salon and Caffe Niche are preparing to host a charity dog wash Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. to benefit No More Homeless Pets in Utah. The nonprofit organization seeks to prevent euthanasia of stray dogs and cats statewide through pet adoption and spaying and neutering programs.
The dog wash will take place on the front lawn of the businesses, which share a building at 779 E. 300 South.
"Most of us have never shampooed a dog, but we're preparing ourselves," said Tara Southard, owner of Dexterity Salon and co-owner of Caffe Niche.
The salon's game plan will include tents for shade, hot dogs and lemonade, and raffle prizes. On the morning of the event, a professional dog groomer will train the stylists on how to wash the leashed dogs that are accompanied by their owners.
"It's been a group effort," Southard said. Posters were donated from Next Level Promotion and hang in the bathrooms and glass doors of the salon and cafe. The shampoo that will be used in the $5 wash and the conditioner, added for $3, are both donated. A bin at the front entrance of the salon holds pet items, from blankets and collars to toys and food.
Southard said she anticipates a good turnout because of the buzz among the clients."Everyone is really excited," Southard said. "It's a way for us to stay involved in the community."
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Family: Concert promoter who was gunned down...
- Thousands of Primary Care Network slots in...
- Salt Lake City Council allocates $65,000 to...
- Logan woman gets 2 to 30 years in prison for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake City Council allocates... 8
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8