HERRIMAN A 36-year-old man was killed in a traffic accident Sunday night.
About 7 p.m., witnesses said a minivan ran a red light at the intersection of 12600 South and 3600 West and was hit by a vehicle going through the intersection on a green light.
The van rolled several times, ejecting Dustin Kitchen of Herriman, who investigators do not believe was wearing a seat belt, said Salt Lake County Sheriff's Lt. Paul Jaroscak.
Kitchen was taken to a local hospital and later pronounced dead. His wife and three children, who were also in the car, suffered minor injuries. Detectives were still trying to determine Monday who was driving the van.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12