A 2-year-old girl is in serious but stable condition after being run over by a lawn mower.
Clinton firefighters responded to a home about 8 p.m. Wednesday on a report of a girl trapped in a lawn mower.
"Upon arrival, the girl was freed from the lawn mower," said Clinton assistant fire chief Guido Smith.
Fire officials said the girl was riding on the back of a four-wheeler being driven by her father, who was towing a piece of lawn-mowing equipment. The girl fell off, and the lawn mower ran over her entire body, Smith said.
The mower had cut off a pair of toes, and the girl was flown by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center.
"She's extremely, extremely fortunate the injuries were not severe or even fatal," Smith said.
The accident remains under investigation and no citations have been issued. Firefighters said the accident is a reminder to parents to keep a close eye on their children."We'd like remind everybody to keep close supervision on children around powered equipment as it only takes a second for them to be injured," Smith said. "She's got some healing to do, but talk about the other alternative ... "
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Vernal man charged after 2 bizarre burglaries...
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Chaffetz calls speaker bid a long shot, may...
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be named...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 54
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 30
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12