A 2-year-old girl is in serious but stable condition after being run over by a lawn mower.
Clinton firefighters responded to a home about 8 p.m. Wednesday on a report of a girl trapped in a lawn mower.
"Upon arrival, the girl was freed from the lawn mower," said Clinton assistant fire chief Guido Smith.
Fire officials said the girl was riding on the back of a four-wheeler being driven by her father, who was towing a piece of lawn-mowing equipment. The girl fell off, and the lawn mower ran over her entire body, Smith said.
The mower had cut off a pair of toes, and the girl was flown by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center.
"She's extremely, extremely fortunate the injuries were not severe or even fatal," Smith said.
The accident remains under investigation and no citations have been issued. Firefighters said the accident is a reminder to parents to keep a close eye on their children."We'd like remind everybody to keep close supervision on children around powered equipment as it only takes a second for them to be injured," Smith said. "She's got some healing to do, but talk about the other alternative ... "
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Motorcyclist critically injured in Roosevelt...
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge drinking...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 129
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 42
- New definition of homeless would give... 31
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 19