A 2-year-old girl is in serious but stable condition after being run over by a lawn mower.
Clinton firefighters responded to a home about 8 p.m. Wednesday on a report of a girl trapped in a lawn mower.
"Upon arrival, the girl was freed from the lawn mower," said Clinton assistant fire chief Guido Smith.
Fire officials said the girl was riding on the back of a four-wheeler being driven by her father, who was towing a piece of lawn-mowing equipment. The girl fell off, and the lawn mower ran over her entire body, Smith said.
The mower had cut off a pair of toes, and the girl was flown by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center.
"She's extremely, extremely fortunate the injuries were not severe or even fatal," Smith said.
The accident remains under investigation and no citations have been issued. Firefighters said the accident is a reminder to parents to keep a close eye on their children."We'd like remind everybody to keep close supervision on children around powered equipment as it only takes a second for them to be injured," Smith said. "She's got some healing to do, but talk about the other alternative ... "
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Living — or dying — with...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 260
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 97
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 87
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 68
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 61
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 53
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35