A 2-year-old girl is in serious but stable condition after being run over by a lawn mower.
Clinton firefighters responded to a home about 8 p.m. Wednesday on a report of a girl trapped in a lawn mower.
"Upon arrival, the girl was freed from the lawn mower," said Clinton assistant fire chief Guido Smith.
Fire officials said the girl was riding on the back of a four-wheeler being driven by her father, who was towing a piece of lawn-mowing equipment. The girl fell off, and the lawn mower ran over her entire body, Smith said.
The mower had cut off a pair of toes, and the girl was flown by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center.
"She's extremely, extremely fortunate the injuries were not severe or even fatal," Smith said.
The accident remains under investigation and no citations have been issued. Firefighters said the accident is a reminder to parents to keep a close eye on their children."We'd like remind everybody to keep close supervision on children around powered equipment as it only takes a second for them to be injured," Smith said. "She's got some healing to do, but talk about the other alternative ... "
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Powell family fires back at recent court...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- Windstorm topples trees, trucks, power poles...
- U. student government passes resolution... 97
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 27
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 20
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 20