A 2-year-old girl is in serious but stable condition after being run over by a lawn mower.
Clinton firefighters responded to a home about 8 p.m. Wednesday on a report of a girl trapped in a lawn mower.
"Upon arrival, the girl was freed from the lawn mower," said Clinton assistant fire chief Guido Smith.
Fire officials said the girl was riding on the back of a four-wheeler being driven by her father, who was towing a piece of lawn-mowing equipment. The girl fell off, and the lawn mower ran over her entire body, Smith said.
The mower had cut off a pair of toes, and the girl was flown by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center.
"She's extremely, extremely fortunate the injuries were not severe or even fatal," Smith said.
The accident remains under investigation and no citations have been issued. Firefighters said the accident is a reminder to parents to keep a close eye on their children."We'd like remind everybody to keep close supervision on children around powered equipment as it only takes a second for them to be injured," Smith said. "She's got some healing to do, but talk about the other alternative ... "
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 81
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26