Sen. Barack Obama's middle name Hussein should not be associated with a few unpopular characters. The late King Hussein of Jordan was a friend of this country.
Sen. Obama's first name Barack is more interesting. Barack (Lightning) was the name of the Prophet Muhammad's horse, which giving a tremendous leap, carried the Prophet Muhammad up to heaven. It would be interesting to have a president named for the Prophet Muhammad's horse.
Carlton T. Sumison
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- A. Scott Anderson: Sen. Bennett: Selfless...
- Michael Gerson: Conservatives' deal with the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Collective neurosis in...
- In our opinion: Not all economic inequality...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a de-humanized...
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 47
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- My view: Character still matters in... 14
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains 11
- My view: The one thing that could solve... 10