Beyond Deron Williams' brief family vacation to Mexico earlier this month, general manager Kevin O'Connor shed no light Tuesday as to what is holding up agreement on a contract extension between the Jazz and their Team USA point guard.
He did, however, suggest dialogue between the sides continues.
"We've had constant conversations," the Jazz GM said.
"I respect what Bob (McClaren, Williams' agent) said, and I think I feel the same way," O'Connor added. "We're working toward a resolution."
McClaren on Monday suggested daily progress is being made, and said "everybody's very committed to trying to put a deal together."
Williams hopes to reach agreement on a three-, four- or five-year max-money extension beyond next season by the end of this week, when he leaves to honor Olympic commitments in advance of next month's Summer Games in Beijing, China.
As of late Tuesday morning, however, O'Connor suggested no further face-to-face talks were scheduled.
O'Connor had no comment when asked if there is hope for getting a deal done on Williams' timetable, and no comment when asked if there is concern it wouldn't get done before the Jazz's exclusive negotiating rights with Williams expire in late October.O'Connor did, though, say the progress of negotiations has not at all been impacted by the health situation of Jazz owner Larry H. Miller who has been hospitalized for more than a month due to complications from type-2 diabetes.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- Dick Harmon: Regardless of circusmtances,...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 140
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- Utes still have outside chance at... 37
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21