Beyond Deron Williams' brief family vacation to Mexico earlier this month, general manager Kevin O'Connor shed no light Tuesday as to what is holding up agreement on a contract extension between the Jazz and their Team USA point guard.
He did, however, suggest dialogue between the sides continues.
"We've had constant conversations," the Jazz GM said.
"I respect what Bob (McClaren, Williams' agent) said, and I think I feel the same way," O'Connor added. "We're working toward a resolution."
McClaren on Monday suggested daily progress is being made, and said "everybody's very committed to trying to put a deal together."
Williams hopes to reach agreement on a three-, four- or five-year max-money extension beyond next season by the end of this week, when he leaves to honor Olympic commitments in advance of next month's Summer Games in Beijing, China.
As of late Tuesday morning, however, O'Connor suggested no further face-to-face talks were scheduled.
O'Connor had no comment when asked if there is hope for getting a deal done on Williams' timetable, and no comment when asked if there is concern it wouldn't get done before the Jazz's exclusive negotiating rights with Williams expire in late October.O'Connor did, though, say the progress of negotiations has not at all been impacted by the health situation of Jazz owner Larry H. Miller who has been hospitalized for more than a month due to complications from type-2 diabetes.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- How about a Utah-BYU matchup in NCAA tournament?
- Tom Welch: Replace the prison with the NFL
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 105
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 77
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 31
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 27