Conservative public policy think tank Sutherland Institute said this week that it has launched the Center for Community and Economy, the fourth policy center it has created this year.
Allan Carlson, founder and president of the Howard Center for Family, Religion and Society, will be the center's first director.
The center will "focus on promoting a true free-market economy that provides private-sector solutions to community problems," the institute said. "It exists to promote the pursuit of happiness through social and economic principles embodied in a humane economy."
The other centers are the Center for Limited Government, the Center for Family and Society and the Center for Educational Progress.
- Kennecott lays off roughly 100 workers Thursday
- Utah ranks No. 1 for economic outlook for...
- US companies challenging contraception mandate
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- The future of food? 3D printing moves beyond...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 13
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 11
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing 8
- US companies challenging contraception... 8
- Apple's Cook to face Senate questions... 6
- The future of food? 3D printing moves... 6