Conservative public policy think tank Sutherland Institute said this week that it has launched the Center for Community and Economy, the fourth policy center it has created this year.
Allan Carlson, founder and president of the Howard Center for Family, Religion and Society, will be the center's first director.
The center will "focus on promoting a true free-market economy that provides private-sector solutions to community problems," the institute said. "It exists to promote the pursuit of happiness through social and economic principles embodied in a humane economy."
The other centers are the Center for Limited Government, the Center for Family and Society and the Center for Educational Progress.
- Happiness research inspired one business...
- How much money should you be saving from each...
- Airline industry is least liked industries in...
- April 15 may be Tax Day, but Tax Freedom Day...
- Why do only half of Americans invest in stocks?
- University of Utah commits to buying more...
- Did you file your taxes jointly or...
- Leadership touted at governor's economic summit
- Happiness research inspired one... 13
- EnergySolutions shouldn't store uranium... 8
- Why do only half of Americans invest in... 5
- Contact lens makers sue Utah over... 4
- Airline industry is least liked... 4
- Did you file your taxes jointly or... 4
- University of Utah commits to buying... 3
- Leadership touted at governor's... 3