Conservative public policy think tank Sutherland Institute said this week that it has launched the Center for Community and Economy, the fourth policy center it has created this year.
Allan Carlson, founder and president of the Howard Center for Family, Religion and Society, will be the center's first director.
The center will "focus on promoting a true free-market economy that provides private-sector solutions to community problems," the institute said. "It exists to promote the pursuit of happiness through social and economic principles embodied in a humane economy."
The other centers are the Center for Limited Government, the Center for Family and Society and the Center for Educational Progress.
- Poll: Two-thirds of US would struggle to...
- Stocks move higher, led by technology and banks
- US home sales growth driven mostly by Midwest
- Diego Rivera painting sells privately for...
- G-7 finance leaders seek to reassure on...
- GE announces deals worth over $1.4 billion...
- New Mexico is first to sue EPA, mine owners...
- French raid Google over 'aggravated tax...
- Religious freedom is good for business,... 29
- If Hillary becomes president, will she... 18
- Can Donald Trump fix the U.S. economy... 14
- Poll: Two-thirds of US would struggle... 12
- Utah aglow with new solar developments,... 6
- Trump proposes wall to protect golf... 5
- New Mexico is first to sue EPA, mine... 4
- AP Interview: Qatar energy minister... 2