Conservative public policy think tank Sutherland Institute said this week that it has launched the Center for Community and Economy, the fourth policy center it has created this year.
Allan Carlson, founder and president of the Howard Center for Family, Religion and Society, will be the center's first director.
The center will "focus on promoting a true free-market economy that provides private-sector solutions to community problems," the institute said. "It exists to promote the pursuit of happiness through social and economic principles embodied in a humane economy."
The other centers are the Center for Limited Government, the Center for Family and Society and the Center for Educational Progress.
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- 3 tips for traveling cheaply
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Fox News blocked from Dish Network
- Survey finds fewer women working now than in...
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- Amazon offers one-hour delivery in Manhattan...
- California puzzles over safety of driverless...
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on... 3
- What people never mention when they... 3
- About Utah: They're best in the world 2
- US current account deficit rises to... 1
- Incoming Senate Majority Leader Mitch... 1
- A look at North Korea's cyberwar... 1