Conservative public policy think tank Sutherland Institute said this week that it has launched the Center for Community and Economy, the fourth policy center it has created this year.
Allan Carlson, founder and president of the Howard Center for Family, Religion and Society, will be the center's first director.
The center will "focus on promoting a true free-market economy that provides private-sector solutions to community problems," the institute said. "It exists to promote the pursuit of happiness through social and economic principles embodied in a humane economy."
The other centers are the Center for Limited Government, the Center for Family and Society and the Center for Educational Progress.
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see their...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Going digital a giant leap for 'dollar theaters'
- Target data breach: Credit monitoring will...
- Salt Lake Bees' stadium renamed Smith's Ballpark
- Demolition underway on major downtown office...
- Uintah County businesses still struggling one...
- Doug Robinson: Gail Miller — Carrying...
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 28
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 12
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see... 12
- About Utah: He came, he saw, he fit in 8
- Report: Utah made big money by keeping... 8
- Demolition underway on major downtown... 5
- Doug Robinson: Gail Miller —... 4
- Stericycle move to Tooele gets House... 4