Conservative public policy think tank Sutherland Institute said this week that it has launched the Center for Community and Economy, the fourth policy center it has created this year.
Allan Carlson, founder and president of the Howard Center for Family, Religion and Society, will be the center's first director.
The center will "focus on promoting a true free-market economy that provides private-sector solutions to community problems," the institute said. "It exists to promote the pursuit of happiness through social and economic principles embodied in a humane economy."
The other centers are the Center for Limited Government, the Center for Family and Society and the Center for Educational Progress.
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right to...
- Mountain Point Medical Center opens in Lehi
- Why the presidential candidate who won't win...
- The key ingredient to a more fulfilling life
- 1 number you should check each year to avoid...
- Hispanic chamber convention touts women...
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after...
- Index funds: A low cost way to solid...
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 33
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 17
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 15
- More jobs are available, but new grads... 5
- Media CEOs are the highest-paid... 3
- Why the presidential candidate who... 3
- Chobani founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya... 1
- Balancing act: Does parenting bring... 1