"Gray's Anatomy" actress Katherine Heigl will star in a feature film adaptation of Carolyn Jessop's best-selling book "Escape," about her life within the Fundamentalist LDS Church.
The Hollywood-industry newspaper Variety reported Tuesday that Heigl will also produce the film. Jessop's book, about her life as the fourth wife of FLDS leader Merrill Jessop and her decision to leave the polygamous sect, has been a huge bestseller.
It is not the only film in development about the FLDS Church. Variety previously reported that "Stolen Innocence" would be made into a movie. That book was written by Elissa Wall, the witness in the case against FLDS leader Warren Jeffs.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 9