Utah Jazz: Sloan's expectations team-wide confidence and contributions
As he prepared for practice Tuesday morning, Utah Jazz head coach Jerry Sloan was asked what he expects to be different about his team's return trip to Los Angeles for Wednesday night's Game 5 in their second-round NBA playoff series.
"I expect to win," he said at the Zions Bank Basketball Center. "I'm sure they (the Lakers) expect the same thing."
Sloan said he isn't sure whether his team is more confident now than it was prior to the beginning of the Western Conference semifinals, but he does believe his team is indeed confident after picking up a pair of wins at EnergySolutions Arena to tie the series at 2-2.
The 20-year Jazz coach believes his team played harder at home to turn the series around after losing by double digits to the Lakers in both Staples Center games. He looks for much of the same for Wednesday night's 8:30 game on TNT.
"I just hope we come and play hard and put our hearts into it," Sloan said. "I hope they play as hard as they can."
Sloan believes all of his players from Carlos Boozer, Deron Williams to the bench need to contribute in order to reverse the trend in Los Angeles where Utah has lost all four times against the Lakers this year."We have to beat teams with our team, not just one guy," Sloan said. "We have to have everybody play well."
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 83
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 27
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20