Utah Jazz: Price is all right and glad Turiaf wasn't suspended
Though he got smashed, was bloodied and had four stitches placed above his right eye, Jazz guard Ronnie Price didn't think the truck that ran over him a k a Lakers backup Ronny Turiaf should have to miss any more of the Western Conference semifinals.
At practice Tuesday morning, the Jazz reserve point guard said he was glad the NBA didn't suspend the L.A. center for the flagrant foul he committed against him in the second quarter.
The league reviewed the play in which Turiaf hammered Price, sending him onto the floor where he hit and cut his head, but deemed "no further action" was necessary, a spokesman told the Deseret News via e-mail Monday.
"Yeah, I agree with that. I don't think he should have been suspended at all," Price said at the Zions Bank Basketball Center this morning. "Like I said, it's playoffs. People's adrenaline is going. Things happen. It's basketball."
Price re-entered the game after getting stitches and made one of the highlight plays of the series, catching up to Luke Walton and leaping to block his layup from behind.
The Jazz ended up winning Game 4 in overtime 123-115, knotting up the series with the Lakers at 2-2 going into Wednesday night's Game 5 (8:30 p.m. tip, TNT).Price's boss Jazz owner Larry H. Miller had a differing opinion. After watching a replay of the foul, Miller said on KSL-TV on Sunday night that a suspension was warranted.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34