Utah Jazz: Price is all right and glad Turiaf wasn't suspended
Though he got smashed, was bloodied and had four stitches placed above his right eye, Jazz guard Ronnie Price didn't think the truck that ran over him a k a Lakers backup Ronny Turiaf should have to miss any more of the Western Conference semifinals.
At practice Tuesday morning, the Jazz reserve point guard said he was glad the NBA didn't suspend the L.A. center for the flagrant foul he committed against him in the second quarter.
The league reviewed the play in which Turiaf hammered Price, sending him onto the floor where he hit and cut his head, but deemed "no further action" was necessary, a spokesman told the Deseret News via e-mail Monday.
"Yeah, I agree with that. I don't think he should have been suspended at all," Price said at the Zions Bank Basketball Center this morning. "Like I said, it's playoffs. People's adrenaline is going. Things happen. It's basketball."
Price re-entered the game after getting stitches and made one of the highlight plays of the series, catching up to Luke Walton and leaping to block his layup from behind.
The Jazz ended up winning Game 4 in overtime 123-115, knotting up the series with the Lakers at 2-2 going into Wednesday night's Game 5 (8:30 p.m. tip, TNT).Price's boss Jazz owner Larry H. Miller had a differing opinion. After watching a replay of the foul, Miller said on KSL-TV on Sunday night that a suspension was warranted.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26