Utah Jazz: Price is all right and glad Turiaf wasn't suspended
Though he got smashed, was bloodied and had four stitches placed above his right eye, Jazz guard Ronnie Price didn't think the truck that ran over him a k a Lakers backup Ronny Turiaf should have to miss any more of the Western Conference semifinals.
At practice Tuesday morning, the Jazz reserve point guard said he was glad the NBA didn't suspend the L.A. center for the flagrant foul he committed against him in the second quarter.
The league reviewed the play in which Turiaf hammered Price, sending him onto the floor where he hit and cut his head, but deemed "no further action" was necessary, a spokesman told the Deseret News via e-mail Monday.
"Yeah, I agree with that. I don't think he should have been suspended at all," Price said at the Zions Bank Basketball Center this morning. "Like I said, it's playoffs. People's adrenaline is going. Things happen. It's basketball."
Price re-entered the game after getting stitches and made one of the highlight plays of the series, catching up to Luke Walton and leaping to block his layup from behind.
The Jazz ended up winning Game 4 in overtime 123-115, knotting up the series with the Lakers at 2-2 going into Wednesday night's Game 5 (8:30 p.m. tip, TNT).Price's boss Jazz owner Larry H. Miller had a differing opinion. After watching a replay of the foul, Miller said on KSL-TV on Sunday night that a suspension was warranted.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 285
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 77
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 48
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 37