Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
GUARDS: Devin Harris and Raja Bell both started so well, but didn't make much of an impact as the game progressed. Russell Westbrook dominated for the Thunder, as the Jazz didn't have anyone who could slow him down.
FORWARDS: Paul Millsap really struggled on a night when it seemed he would try to make a statement for not being named as an All-Star reserve. Gordon Hayward played pretty efficiently, but the Jazz's frontcourt was no match for Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka.
CENTERS: Jefferson led the Jazz in scoring, but was on the court and did little as the Thunder pulled away in the third quarter. Kendrick Perkins outplayed him, with a better defensive effort and more rebounds.
BENCH: The Jazz didn't get much of a lift from their reserves, as the bench was outscored 25-20. Watson was probably the bright spot, dishing six assists with two turnovers in 17 minutes. It was an off night for the Thunder reserves, and Utah didn't take advantage.
OVERALL: The Jazz weren't much of a match for the Western Conference's best team. It's understandable to get beat by All-Stars such as Durant and Westbrook, but getting smashed on the boards 46-32 gave them little chance to win. It will probably be uglier when the two teams rematch in Oklahoma City next week when the Jazz are playing the last game of a back-to-back-to-back.
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- Video: BYU commit Jaren Hall lifts Maple...
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU best-case,...
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4 games...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 78
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 31
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 25
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 25