Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
GUARDS: Devin Harris and Raja Bell both started so well, but didn't make much of an impact as the game progressed. Russell Westbrook dominated for the Thunder, as the Jazz didn't have anyone who could slow him down.
FORWARDS: Paul Millsap really struggled on a night when it seemed he would try to make a statement for not being named as an All-Star reserve. Gordon Hayward played pretty efficiently, but the Jazz's frontcourt was no match for Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka.
CENTERS: Jefferson led the Jazz in scoring, but was on the court and did little as the Thunder pulled away in the third quarter. Kendrick Perkins outplayed him, with a better defensive effort and more rebounds.
BENCH: The Jazz didn't get much of a lift from their reserves, as the bench was outscored 25-20. Watson was probably the bright spot, dishing six assists with two turnovers in 17 minutes. It was an off night for the Thunder reserves, and Utah didn't take advantage.
OVERALL: The Jazz weren't much of a match for the Western Conference's best team. It's understandable to get beat by All-Stars such as Durant and Westbrook, but getting smashed on the boards 46-32 gave them little chance to win. It will probably be uglier when the two teams rematch in Oklahoma City next week when the Jazz are playing the last game of a back-to-back-to-back.
- Utah secures commitments from two of Utah...
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- Morning links: Urban Meyer returns to Utah...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native Sealver...
- Peavler: BYU's recent basketball struggles...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 64
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 35
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 34
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 33
- Utes get it done at home again 21