Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
GUARDS: Devin Harris and Raja Bell both started so well, but didn't make much of an impact as the game progressed. Russell Westbrook dominated for the Thunder, as the Jazz didn't have anyone who could slow him down.
FORWARDS: Paul Millsap really struggled on a night when it seemed he would try to make a statement for not being named as an All-Star reserve. Gordon Hayward played pretty efficiently, but the Jazz's frontcourt was no match for Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka.
CENTERS: Jefferson led the Jazz in scoring, but was on the court and did little as the Thunder pulled away in the third quarter. Kendrick Perkins outplayed him, with a better defensive effort and more rebounds.
BENCH: The Jazz didn't get much of a lift from their reserves, as the bench was outscored 25-20. Watson was probably the bright spot, dishing six assists with two turnovers in 17 minutes. It was an off night for the Thunder reserves, and Utah didn't take advantage.
OVERALL: The Jazz weren't much of a match for the Western Conference's best team. It's understandable to get beat by All-Stars such as Durant and Westbrook, but getting smashed on the boards 46-32 gave them little chance to win. It will probably be uglier when the two teams rematch in Oklahoma City next week when the Jazz are playing the last game of a back-to-back-to-back.
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 55
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 54
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 41
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 25
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 16