ONTARIO, Calif. — The Utah Grizzlies defeated the Ontario Reign 2-1 Friday night in California.
Utah goaltender Jimmy Spratt stopped 19 of the 20 shots that he faced in the third period and 34 of 35 in the game for his first win with the Grizzlies. Ontario's lone goal tonight was scored on a five-on-three power-play 9:52 into the third period.
The Grizzlies took a 1-0 lead 8 minutes into the second period as Logan MacMillan crashed the net for his sixth goal of the year. Ryan Turek and Nick Tuzzolino picked up assists as they worked the play up ice off of a face-off win in the Utah end.
Utah made it 2-0 with 2:21 left in the second period off of another face-off win in the Ontario end as Justin Dowling dropped a pass to Ryan Turek in the slot in transition.
The Grizzlies and Ontario complete their series Saturday at 7 p.m. from California.
Utah returns home to host Las Vegas Wednesday at 7 p.m. for a Wild $2 Wednesday with $2 Hot Dogs, Fries, Soft Drinks and Draft Beers. In addition, students who present ID, will receive $5 lower bowl tickets at the arena box office.
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- BYU men's basketball: Winder steps up big in...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all brawl...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 107
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43