ONTARIO, Calif. — The Utah Grizzlies defeated the Ontario Reign 2-1 Friday night in California.
Utah goaltender Jimmy Spratt stopped 19 of the 20 shots that he faced in the third period and 34 of 35 in the game for his first win with the Grizzlies. Ontario's lone goal tonight was scored on a five-on-three power-play 9:52 into the third period.
The Grizzlies took a 1-0 lead 8 minutes into the second period as Logan MacMillan crashed the net for his sixth goal of the year. Ryan Turek and Nick Tuzzolino picked up assists as they worked the play up ice off of a face-off win in the Utah end.
Utah made it 2-0 with 2:21 left in the second period off of another face-off win in the Ontario end as Justin Dowling dropped a pass to Ryan Turek in the slot in transition.
The Grizzlies and Ontario complete their series Saturday at 7 p.m. from California.
Utah returns home to host Las Vegas Wednesday at 7 p.m. for a Wild $2 Wednesday with $2 Hot Dogs, Fries, Soft Drinks and Draft Beers. In addition, students who present ID, will receive $5 lower bowl tickets at the arena box office.
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- NFL to interview Matthew, Peppers, Harrison...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 155
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 64
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 42
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 40
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 20
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19